Affiliation: South Australia
- Auditory evoked potentials remain abnormal after CPAP treatment in patients with severe obstructive sleep apnoeaAndrew Vakulin
Adelaide Institute for Sleep Health, Repatriation General Hospital, Daws Road, Daw Park, Adelaide, SA 5041, Australia
Clin Neurophysiol 123:310-7. 2012..To assess the effects of 3 months of optimal CPAP treatment on auditory event related potentials (AERP) in patients with severe obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) compared with healthy controls...
- Effects of alcohol and sleep restriction on simulated driving performance in untreated patients with obstructive sleep apneaAndrew Vakulin
Repatriation General Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5041, Australia
Ann Intern Med 151:447-55. 2009..Because of previous sleep disturbance and sleep hypoxia, patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) might be more vulnerable to the effects of alcohol and sleep restriction than healthy persons...
- Driving simulator performance remains impaired in patients with severe OSA after CPAP treatmentAndrew Vakulin
Adelaide Institute for Sleep Health, Repatriation General Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 7:246-53. 2011..To assess the effectiveness of CPAP treatment in improving 90-minute driving simulator performance in severe OSA patients compared to age/gender matched controls...
- Undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnea is independently associated with reductions in quality of life in middle-aged, but not elderly men of a population cohortSarah L Appleton
The Health Observatory, Discipline of Medicine, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Campus, University of Adelaide, Woodville Rd, Woodville, South Australia, 5011, Australia
Sleep Breath 19:1309-16. 2015..We determined age-related impacts of undiagnosed OSA on health-related quality of life (HRQL) and whether this was independent of sleepiness and comorbidities...
- Individual variability and predictors of driving simulator impairment in patients with obstructive sleep apneaAndrew Vakulin
Adelaide Institute for Sleep Health, Repatriation General Hospital, Daws Road, Daw Park, Adelaide, Australia Sleep and Circadian Research Group and NHMRC Centre for Integrated Research and Understanding of Sleep CIRUS, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, Central Clinical School, University of Sydney, Australia Department of Medicine, Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 10:647-55. 2014..This study aimed to determine the proportion of patients showing "normal" versus "abnormal" driving simulator performance and examine whether anthropometric, clinical, and neurobehavioral measures predict abnormal driving...
- Nocturnal Hypoxemia and Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea are Associated with Incident Type 2 Diabetes in a Population Cohort of MenSarah L Appleton
The Health Observatory, Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Campus, Woodville, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 11:609-14. 2015..This study therefore examined the relationship between previously undiagnosed OSA with incident type 2 diabetes in community-dwelling men aged ≥ 40 y...
- Obstructive sleep apnea and schizophrenia: A systematic review to inform clinical practiceHannah Myles
Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia Northern Adelaide Local Health Network NALHN, Australia
Schizophr Res 170:222-5. 2016..Risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) are common in people with schizophrenia. Identification and treatment of OSA may improve physical health in this population; however there are no guidelines to inform screening and management...
- Sleep disordered breathing and chronic respiratory failure in patients with chronic pain on long term opioid therapyAnand R Rose
Adelaide Institute for Sleep Health, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, South Australia, Australia Department of Medicine, Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Sleep Med 10:847-52. 2014..The impact of these medications on daytime arterial blood gas (ABG) measurements and psychomotor vigilance was also studied...