Rene G Pols
Affiliation: South Australia
- Coordinated care in the management of patients with unexplained physical symptoms: depression is a key issueRene G Pols
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 188:S133-7. 2008..To evaluate the diagnosis of patients with somatisation disorders in primary care, and the effectiveness of coordinated care and evidence-based care planning on psychiatric symptoms and quality of life for these patients...
- A randomised controlled trial of the Flinders Program™ of chronic condition management in Vietnam veterans with co-morbid alcohol misuse, and psychiatric and medical conditionsMalcolm W Battersby
Department of Psychiatry, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 47:451-62. 2013..To evaluate the efficacy of the Flinders Program™ of chronic condition management on alcohol use, psychosocial well-being and quality of life in Vietnam veterans with alcohol misuse...
- Predictors of relapse in problem gambling: a prospective cohort studyDavid P Smith
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA, 2001, Australia
J Gambl Stud 31:299-313. 2015..This study also highlighted the challenges presented from a cohort study of treatment and support seeking problem gamblers...
- Chronic condition self-management support: proposed competencies for medical studentsRene G Pols
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Margaret Tobin Centre, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Chronic Illn 5:7-14. 2009..In this context, doctors will need to have knowledge and skills in effective chronic condition management (CCM) and chronic condition self-management (CCSM)...
- Cognitive versus exposure therapy for problem gambling: Randomised controlled trialDavid P Smith
Flinders University, Department of Psychiatry, Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide SA 2001, Australia Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 69:100-10. 2015..Problem gambling-specific cognitive therapy (CT) and behavioural (exposure-based) therapy (ET) are two core cognitive-behavioural techniques to treating the disorder, but no studies have directly compared them using a randomised trial...
- The influence of depression and other co-occurring conditions on treatment outcomes for problem gamblers: a cohort studyDavid P Smith
Department of Psychiatry, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 195:S56-9. 2011..To examine the influence of co-occurring conditions on gambling treatment outcomes...
- The mental health expert patient: findings from a pilot study of a generic chronic condition self-management programme for people with mental illnessSharon Lawn
Flinders Human Behaviour and Health Research Unit, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Soc Psychiatry 53:63-74. 2007..Less than optimal outcomes and escalating costs for chronic conditions including mental illness have prompted calls for innovative approaches to chronic illness management...
- Exposure therapy for problem gambling via Videoconferencing: a case reportJane Oakes
Flinders Therapy Service for Problem Gamblers, Centre for Anxiety and Related Disorders, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders University, Bedford Park, 5042, South Australia
J Gambl Stud 24:107-18. 2008..The implications of using this modality for the treatment of rural patients with problem gambling is discussed...
- Smoking and quitting: a qualitative study with community-living psychiatric clientsSharon J Lawn
Southern Mental Health, Community Care Team, Marion, SA, Australia
Soc Sci Med 54:93-104. 2002..Because the paper is descriptive and hypothesis generating, its findings need to be tested using a larger sample...