Affiliation: South Brisbane
- Benefit of early commencement of growth hormone therapy in children with Prader-Willi syndromeO Nyunt
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Mater Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:1151-8. 2009..Although the initial GH dose for the early group was lower than that of the late group, the former had better height outcome. The starting GH dose seen in the database is lower than the dose used by international centres...
- Investigating maturity onset diabetes of the youngOhn Nyunt
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Mellitus, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Clin Biochem Rev 30:67-74. 2009..Furthermore the diagnosis must be confirmed by molecular studies. With advancement in genomic technology, rapid screening for MODY mutations will become readily available in the future...
- Normal cortisol response on low-dose synacthen (1 microg) test in children with Prader Willi syndromeOhn Nyunt
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:E464-7. 2010..A study using the overnight metyrapone test reported a 60% prevalence of CAI in children with PWS. We used a low-dose Synacthen test to screen for CAI in children with PWS...
- The association between ketoacidosis and 25(OH)-vitamin D levels at presentation in children with type 1 diabetes mellitusTony Huynh
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Mater Children s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 10:38-43. 2009..There have been no formal studies looking at the relationship between 25(OH)-vitamin D(3) and the severity of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) in children at presentation with T1DM...
- The clinical and biochemical spectrum of congenital adrenal hyperplasia secondary to 21-hydroxylase deficiencyTony Huynh
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD 4101, Australia
Clin Biochem Rev 30:75-86. 2009....