Affiliation: South Australia
- False-positive reports in fine needle biopsy of breast lesionsS R Orell
Clinpath Laboratories, Kent Town, South Australia
Pathology 33:428-36. 2001..The cytological patterns of a range of benign lesions which may cause diagnostic difficulties and may be misdiagnosed as malignant by FNB are described, and guidelines to reduce the risk of false-positive diagnoses are proposed...
- Assessment of 1183 screen-detected, category 3B, circumscribed masses by cytology and core biopsy with long-term follow up dataG Farshid
BreastScreen SA, 1 Goodwood Road, Wayville 5065, South Australia
Br J Cancer 98:1182-90. 2008....
- Independent predictors of breast malignancy in screen-detected microcalcifications: biopsy results in 2545 casesG Farshid
BreastScreen SA and SA Pathology, 1 Goodwood Road, Wayville, South Australia, Australia
Br J Cancer 105:1669-75. 2011..We wished to evaluate the assessment outcomes of microcalcifications biopsied in the setting of population-based breast cancer screening...
- Clinical and histological factors associated with sentinel node identification in breast cancerJ Kollias
University Department of Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Surg 70:485-9. 2000..The purpose of the present study was to identify factors that are associated with intraoperative identification of the sentinel node(s)...
- Computer simulations of lymph node metastasis for optimizing the pathologic examination of sentinel lymph nodes in patients with breast carcinomaG Farshid
Department of Pathology, University of Adelaide, and the Division of Tissue Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia
Cancer 89:2527-37. 2000..Consequently, performance indicators of this test are largely unknown...
- Population screening and intensity of screening are associated with reduced breast cancer mortality: evidence of efficacy of mammography screening in AustraliaD Roder
The Cancer Council South Australia, Unley, SA, Australia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:409-16. 2008..Efficacy of breast screening may differ in practice from the results of randomized trials. We report one of the largest case-control evaluations of a screening service...
- Feasibility study on the MammoSite in early-stage breast cancer: initial experienceM Borg
Department of Radiation Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Australas Radiol 51:53-61. 2007..No Grade III or higher acute toxicity or local infection was recorded. The ease of insertion and accuracy of dosimetry makes the MammoSite suitable for use in properly selected women with early-stage breast cancer in a trial setting...
- Histopathological features of breast cancer in carriers of ATM gene variantsR L Balleine
Translational Oncology, Sydney West Area Health Service, Sydney, Australia
Histopathology 49:523-32. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine whether the histopathology of breast cancers occurring in ATM variant carriers is distinctive or resembles the described BRCA1 mutation-associated phenotype...
- Detection by screening mammography is a powerful independent predictor of survival in women diagnosed with breast cancerP G Gill
Breast Endocrine and Surgical Oncology Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, and Department of Surgery, University of Adelaide, Floor 5, Eleanor Harrald Building, Frome Road, Adelaide 5000, South Australia
Breast 13:15-22. 2004..If confirmed, this finding would have important implications for the prognostic advice given to women and may merit further investigation into its underlying biological mechanisms...
- Spindle cell ductal carcinoma in situ. An unusual variant of ductal intra-epithelial neoplasia that simulates ductal hyperplasia or a myoepithelial proliferationG Farshid
Department of Pathology, Adelaide, South Australia
Virchows Arch 439:70-7. 2001..Recognition of this pattern of DCIS is important in order to avoid its frequent misclassification as a benign lesion...
- Removal of two sentinel nodes accurately stages the axilla in breast cancerR J Kennedy
Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology Unit and Department of Surgery, University of Adelaide, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Br J Surg 90:1349-53. 2003..Sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) may provide accurate staging with less morbidity than axillary clearance. The aim of this study was to assess the effect of the number of sentinel nodes removed on the false-negative rate...
- Clinical impact of false-negative sentinel node biopsy in primary breast cancerM T Nano
Breast Unit and Women s Health Centre, Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, South Australia, Australia
Br J Surg 89:1430-4. 2002..The aim was to assess the false-negative sentinel node biopsy rate in women with early breast cancer and its implications in patient treatment...
- Predicting the HER2 status of breast cancer from basic histopathology data: an analysis of 1500 breast cancers as part of the HER2000 International StudyM Bilous
Tissue Pathology Department, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Breast 12:92-8. 2003..The highest yield of HER2 overexpressing carcinomas is seen in the grade 3 NST subgroup in which 24% are positive by IHC...