Affiliation: South Australia
- The Australian scincid lizard Menetia greyii: a new instance of widespread vertebrate parthenogenesisMark Adams
Evolutionary Biology Unit, South Australian Museum, North Terrace, Adelaide, 5000, Australia
Evolution 57:2619-27. 2003..This new instance of vertebrate parthenogenesis is a first for the Scincidae and only the second definitive case of unisexuality in an indigenous Australian vertebrate...
- Re-examination of a proposed case of stasipatric speciation: phylogeography of the Australian morabine grasshoppers (Vandiemenella viatica species group)Takeshi Kawakami
Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology and Biodiversity, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Mol Ecol 18:3429-42. 2009....
- Cryptic diversity in vertebrates: molecular data double estimates of species diversity in a radiation of Australian lizards (Diplodactylus, Gekkota)Paul M Oliver
Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology and Biodiversity, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
Proc Biol Sci 276:2001-7. 2009..The high proportion of cryptic species discovered emphasizes the importance of continuing detailed assessments of species diversity, even in apparently well-known taxa from industrialized countries...
- Genetic analysis of a chromosomal hybrid zone in the Australian morabine grasshoppers (Vandiemenella, viatica species group)Takeshi Kawakami
Evolutionary Biology Unit, South Australian Museum, SA, Australia
Evolution 63:139-52. 2009..Genome-wide scans using many genetic markers and chromosomal mapping of these markers are needed to investigate whether chromosomal differences directly reduce gene flow after secondary contact...
- Genetic elucidation of cryptic and ancient diversity in a group of Australian diplodactyline geckos: the Diplodactylus vittatus complexPaul Oliver
Herpetology Section, South Australian Museum, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:77-88. 2007....
- Global biodiversity assessment and hyper-cryptic species complexes: more than one species of elephant in the room?Mark Adams
Evolutionary Biology Unit, South Australian Museum, North Terrace, SA 5000, Australia School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Syst Biol 63:518-33. 2014..Galaxiidae; global estimates; hyper-diverse; mountain galaxias; species counts; species richness.]. ..
- Finishing a whole-genome shotgun: release 3 of the Drosophila melanogaster euchromatic genome sequenceSusan E Celniker
Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project, Department of Genome Sciences, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Genome Biol 3:RESEARCH0079. 2002....
- The canine olfactory subgenomeTsviya Olender
Department of Molecular Genetics and the Crown Human Genome Center, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Genomics 83:361-72. 2004..The elucidation of a large portion of the canine olfactory receptor gene superfamily, with some dog-specific attributes, may help us understand the unique chemosensory capacities of this species...
- Targeted metabolite profiling provides a functional link among eucalypt taxonomy, physiology and evolutionAndrew Merchant
Institute of Land and Food Resource, School of Forest Ecosystem Science, The University of Melbourne, Water Street, Creswick, VIC 3363, Australia
Phytochemistry 67:402-8. 2006..The distribution of cyclitols among Eucalyptus species, and a range of other Australian tree genera, support their proposed functions in plant tissues and provide putative links with the acclimation of trees to arid environments...