- The association between delusional-like experiences, and tobacco, alcohol or cannabis use: a nationwide population-based surveySukanta Saha
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, QLD 4076, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 11:202. 2011..The aim of the study was to explore the association between DLE and three commonly used substances--tobacco, alcohol and cannabis...
- The prevalence and correlates of hallucinations in Australian adolescents: results from a national surveyJames Scott
Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
Schizophr Res 107:179-85. 2009..Further research may assist in understanding the variable trajectory of children and adolescents who hallucinate...
- Psychopathology during childhood and adolescence predicts delusional-like experiences in adults: a 21-year birth cohort studyJames Scott
Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Am J Psychiatry 166:567-74. 2009..Community surveys have shown that many otherwise well individuals report delusional-like experiences. The authors examined psychopathology during childhood and adolescence as a predictor of delusional-like experiences in young adulthood...
- Cohort Profile Update: The Mater-University of Queensland Study of Pregnancy (MUSP)Jake M Najman
Schools of Population Health and Social Science, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, School of Pharmacy, Queensland Brain Institute, Mater Clinical School, The University of Queensland, UQ Centre of Clinical Research and Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Int J Epidemiol 44:78-78f. 2015..We welcome interest in our study; for study background and publications visit [www.socialscience.uq.edu.au/musp] or contact [email@example.com]. ..
- Adolescent peer aggression and its association with mental health and substance use in an Australian cohortSophie E Moore
Children s Health and Environment Program, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
J Adolesc 37:11-21. 2014..These results show an independent temporal relationship between peer aggression and later mental health and substance use problems in adolescence. ..
- Changing utilization of pro re nata ('as needed') sedation in a child and adolescent psychiatric inpatient unitAngela J Dean
Kids in Mind Research, Mater Child and Youth Mental Health Service, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:360-5. 2009..The secondary purpose was to assess whether changes in PRN sedation were related to changing patient characteristics...
- Hallucinations in adolescent inpatients with post-traumatic stress disorder and schizophrenia: similarities and differencesMary Jessop
Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Royal Children s Hospital and Health District Service, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:268-72. 2008..This study compares the phenomenology of hallucinations in a series of hospitalized adolescents diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and schizophrenia...
- The prevalence and correlates of childhood trauma in patients with early psychosisMichael Duhig
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, QLD, Australia The University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, Herston, QLD, Australia School of Psychology and Counselling, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 49:651-9. 2015..To describe the prevalence and demographic, clinical and functional correlates of childhood trauma in patients attending early psychosis clinics...
- National trends in the community prescribing of second-generation antipsychotic medications in Australian children and youth: the incomplete storySamantha Hollingworth
Senior Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Wooloongabba, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 21:442-5. 2013..The objective of this article is to examine national trends in prescribing second-generation antipsychotic (SGA) medications to Australian children and youth (0-24 years) and to report deficiencies in available data...
- The association between maltreatment in childhood and pre-pregnancy obesity in women attending an antenatal clinic in AustraliaKatharine Hollingsworth
Metro North Mental Health, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Herston, Herston, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e51868. 2012..Childhood adverse experiences are known to have numerous negative physical and emotional sequelae. We aimed to examine if exposure to abuse and/or neglect in childhood increased the likelihood of pre-pregnancy obesity...
- Environmental exposures: an underrecognized contribution to noncommunicable diseasesRosana E Norman
Children s Halth and Environment Program, Queenland Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Queenland, Herston, Australia
Rev Environ Health 28:59-65. 2013....
- Does depression experienced by mothers leads to a decline in marital quality: a 21-year longitudinal studyJake M Najman
Schools of Population Health and Social Science, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:121-32. 2014..Few studies however have examined the possibility that depression can lead to a decrease in marital quality and an increase in marital breakdown. Depression may be an important pathway to a decline in martial quality...
- Physical aggression during admission to a child and adolescent inpatient unit: predictors and impact on clinical outcomesAngela J Dean
Kids in Mind Research, Mater Child and Youth Mental Health Service, South Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:536-43. 2008..The aim of the present study was to identify predictors of aggression in a child and adolescent inpatient unit and examine differences in clinical outcomes between aggressive and non-aggressive patients...
- Successful recruitment to a study of first-episode psychosis by clinicians: a qualitative account of outcomes and influences on processSue Patterson
Metro North Mental Health, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
J Ment Health 23:225-30. 2014..How clinicians approach recruitment as researchers and particularities of recruiting people with first episode of psychosis warrant investigation...
- The long-term health consequences of child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect: a systematic review and meta-analysisRosana E Norman
Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
PLoS Med 9:e1001349. 2012..The aim of this study was to summarise the evidence relating to the possible relationship between child physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, and subsequent mental and physical health outcomes...
- A review of the use of clozapine levels to guide treatment and determine cause of deathAnne Stark
Metro North Mental Health, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 46:816-25. 2012..To review the literature to examine the use of clozapine levels to (i) guide therapy and prevent toxicity in clinical care and (ii) determine cause of death in post-mortem examination of patients who were treated with clozapine...
- Motivations for self-injury in an adolescent inpatient population: development of a self-report measureSarah Swannell
Department of Psychiatry, University of Queensland, Herston, QLD, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:98-103. 2008..The aim of this study was to develop and pilot an instrument for the assessment of self-injury in adolescent inpatients...