Affiliation: RMIT University
- The effect of exercise and training status on platelet activation: do cocoa polyphenols play a role?I Singh
Division of Laboratory Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Platelets 17:361-7. 2006....
- Effects of gamma-tocopherol supplementation on thrombotic risk factorsIndu Singh
Division of Laboratory Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, PO Box 71, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:422-8. 2007..We determined the effect of 5 weeks of 100 mg/d or 200 mg/d gamma-T supplementation on thrombotic markers such as platelet reactivity, lipid profile and the inflammation marker C-reactive protein (CRP)...
- The effects of polyphenols in olive leaves on platelet functionIndu Singh
School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:127-32. 2008..The results from this study will help to improve our understanding of effects of polyphenol antioxidants in olive leaf extract on platelet function...
- Dietary flavanols and procyanidin oligomers from cocoa (Theobroma cacao) inhibit platelet functionKaren J Murphy
Department of Food Science, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1466-73. 2003..An acute dose of flavanols and oligomeric procyanidins from cocoa powder inhibits platelet activation and function over 6 h in humans...
- Oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells is ameliorated by gamma-tocopherol treatmentIndu Singh
Exercise Metabolism Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, PO Box 71, Bundoora, Vic, 3083, Australia
Eur J Nutr 47:387-92. 2008..Oxidative stress-induced reactive oxygen species are associated with the clinical manifestation of insulin resistance. Evidence suggests that antioxidant treatment may reduce this incidence...
- Effects of seal oil and tuna-fish oil on platelet parameters and plasma lipid levels in healthy subjectsNeil J Mann
School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, GPO Box 2476V, Melbourne, Vic, 3001, Australia
Lipids 45:669-81. 2010..01) with seal oil only. Hence, seal oil may be more efficient than fish oil at promoting healthy plasma lipid profiles and lowering thrombotic risk, possibly due to its high DPA as well as EPA content...