L A Simms
Affiliation: Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Reduced alpha-defensin expression is associated with inflammation and not NOD2 mutation status in ileal Crohn's diseaseL A Simms
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Laboratory, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Foundation, Brisbane, Australia
Gut 57:903-10. 2008..The aim of this study was to independently assess whether NOD2, alpha-defensins and Crohn's disease are linked...
- SnoN expression is differently regulated in microsatellite unstable compared with microsatellite stable colorectal cancersJune A Chia
The Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Foundation Clinical Research Centre and the Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, 4029, Australia
BMC Cancer 6:252. 2006..SnoN is an important regulator of the transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) signalling pathway and has been shown to exhibit both tumour promotion and suppression activity...
- KCNN4 gene variant is associated with ileal Crohn's Disease in the Australian and New Zealand populationLisa A Simms
Royal Brisbane and Women s Research Foundation, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Am J Gastroenterol 105:2209-17. 2010..Our aim was to determine whether a gene in the IBD linkage region on chromosome 19q13, with a role in Paneth cell secretion and T-cell activation, conferred genetic susceptibility to the development of CD...
- A family with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis due to a mutation in the alternatively spliced region of APC exon 9J Young
Glaxo Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory, Royal Brisbane Hospital Foundation Clinical Research Centre, Australia
Hum Mutat 11:450-5. 1998..Alternatively spliced transcripts that delete the mutation were readily amplified from normal colonic mucosa and therefore create a mechanism for the attenuated phenotype seen in this family...
- Features of colorectal cancers with high-level microsatellite instability occurring in familial and sporadic settings: parallel pathways of tumorigenesisJ Young
Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory, Royal Brisbane Hospital Foundation Clinical Research Centre, Bancroft Centre, Herston, Australia
Am J Pathol 159:2107-16. 2001....
- Angiogenic factor VEGF is decreased in human colorectal neoplasms showing DNA microsatellite instabilityC V Wynter
Department of Surgery, Greenslopes Private Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Pathol 189:319-25. 1999..The low frequency of VEGF expression amongst MSI-H cancers may partially explain why these cancers are less aggressive, with a better overall prognosis...
- Promoter hypermethylation frequency and BRAF mutations distinguish hereditary non-polyposis colon cancer from sporadic MSI-H colon cancerA McGivern
Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory, Bancroft Centre, Herston, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Fam Cancer 3:101-7. 2004..However, significant differences can be demonstrated at the molecular level including widespread promoter hypermethylation and BRAF -activating mutations which occur significantly less often in HNPCC...