Ian M Shochet
Affiliation: Queensland University of Technology
- A qualitative investigation of adolescents' perceived mechanisms of change from a universal school-based depression prevention programIan Shochet
School of Psychology and Counselling, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane 4059, Australia
Int J Environ Res Public Health 11:5541-54. 2014..These findings broaden our understanding of the impact of depression prevention programs, beginning to illuminate how such programs benefit participants. ..
- School connectedness is an underemphasized parameter in adolescent mental health: results of a community prediction studyIan M Shochet
Queensland University of Technology, School of Psychology and Counseling, Carseldine, Queensland, Australia
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 35:170-9. 2006..Results suggest a stronger than previously reported association with school connectedness and adolescent depressive symptoms in particular and a predictive link from school connectedness to future mental health problems...
- How do school connectedness and attachment to parents interrelate in predicting adolescent depressive symptoms?Ian M Shochet
School of Psychology and Counselling, Queensland University of Technology, Carseldine Campus, Beams Road, Carseldine QLD 4034, Australia
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 37:676-81. 2008..School connectedness only partially mediated the relationship between parental attachment and depressive symptoms, and there was no significant moderation effect...
- A prospective study investigating the impact of school belonging factors on negative affect in adolescentsIan M Shochet
School of Psychology and Counselling, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove 4059, Australia
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 40:586-95. 2011..These findings have implications for the design of interventions and are further confirmation that school belonging should be considered a multidimensional construct...
- The Cooperative Research Centre for Living with Autism (Autism CRC) Conceptual Model to Promote Mental Health for Adolescents with ASDIan M Shochet
School of Psychology and Counselling, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, QLD, 4059, Australia
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 19:94-116. 2016..This multisite proof-of-concept study will confirm whether this multilevel school-based intervention is promising, feasible and sustainable. ..
- The impact of school connectedness on violent behavior, transport risk-taking behavior, and associated injuries in adolescenceRebekah L Chapman
Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Australia
J Sch Psychol 49:399-410. 2011..This study has implications for the area of risk-taking and injury prevention, as it suggests the potential for reducing adolescents' injury through school based interventions targeting school connectedness...