Affiliation: New South Wales
- Differences in metabolites in pain-processing brain regions in patients with diabetes and painful neuropathyLea Sorensen
Diabetes Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Diabetes Care 31:980-1. 2008..This study used (1)H-MRS to examine the brain in subjects with or without painful diabetic neuropathy...
- Insensate versus painful diabetic neuropathy: the effects of height, gender, ethnicity and glycaemic controlLea Sorensen
Department of Medicine, University of Sydney, Newtown, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 57:45-51. 2002..To study similarities and differences between people with insensate or painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy, particularly in relation to height, gender, ethnicity and glycaemic control...
- The level of small nerve fiber dysfunction does not predict pain in diabetic Neuropathy: a study using quantitative sensory testingLea Sorensen
Diabetes Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Sydney, Australia Discipline of Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
Clin J Pain 22:261-5. 2006..To determine whether small nerve fiber dysfunction predicts pain in diabetic neuropathy using quantitative sensory testing of thermal thresholds...
- The relationship among pain, sensory loss, and small nerve fibers in diabetesLea Sorensen
Diabetes Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Diabetes Care 29:883-7. 2006..We examined intraepidermal nerve fibers (IENFs) to evaluate the role of small nerve fibers in the genesis of neuropathic pain...
- Considerations on blood glucose management in Type 2 diabetes mellitusPhilip Home
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 18:273-85. 2002..Serial measurements should be made and, where possible, the use of blood glucose meters encouraged, in order to obtain a blood glucose profile for the patient...