Affiliation: New South Wales
- Early glucose abnormalities in cystic fibrosis are preceded by poor weight gainShihab Hameed
Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:221-6. 2010..Existing diagnostic criteria for diabetes were based on microvascular complications rather than on cystic fibrosis-specific outcomes. We aimed to relate glycemic status in cystic fibrosis to weight and lung function changes...
- Persistently autoantibody negative (PAN) type 1 diabetes mellitus in childrenShihab Hameed
Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 12:142-9. 2011..Autoantibody-negative children diagnosed with type 1 diabetes might have unrecognized monogenic or type 2 diabetes...
- Once daily insulin detemir in cystic fibrosis with insulin deficiencyShihab Hameed
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Dis Child 97:464-7. 2012..18±0.29 SDS, p=0.0001; +3.7±10.6%, p=0.007; +5.2±12.7%, p=0.013) and in patients with early insulin deficiency (+0.22±0.31 SDS, p=0.003; +5.3±11.5%, p=0.004; +5.8±13.4%, p=0.024). Randomised controlled trials are now needed...
- Home blood sodium monitoring, sliding-scale fluid prescription and subcutaneous DDAVP for infantile diabetes insipidus with impaired thirst mechanismShihab Hameed
Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Australia
Int J Pediatr Endocrinol 2012:18. 2012..We aimed to avoid dangerous fluctuations in serum sodium and improve parental independence...
- Cystic fibrosis related diabetes (CFRD)--the end stage of progressive insulin deficiencyShihab Hameed
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 46:747-60. 2011..Randomized controlled trials are now needed to determine whether or not current clinical practice should be altered toward the earlier commencement of insulin in CF...
- Diagnosing cystic fibrosis-related diabetes: current methods and challengesBernadette Prentice
a Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, Australia
Expert Rev Respir Med 10:799-811. 2016..Current diagnostic and management regimens are unable to entirely reverse this clinical decline...
- Advances in the detection and management of cystic fibrosis related diabetesShihab Hameed
aEndocrinology Department, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick bSchool of Women s and Children s Health, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Curr Opin Pediatr 27:525-33. 2015..It will also discuss advances in the detection of early glucose abnormalities, their clinical significance and the emerging role for early insulin therapy...
- Australian standards of care for cystic fibrosis-related diabetesPeter G Middleton
CF Centre, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Respirology 19:185-92. 2014..It is intended that this document will provide assistance to doctors, nurses, dietitians, physiotherapists, diabetes educators and CF patients concerning the issues surrounding CFRD, and will be reviewed and updated in 2016. ..
- Diiodothyropropionic acid (DITPA) in the treatment of MCT8 deficiencyCharles F Verge
Department of Endocrinology, Sydney Children s Hospital, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4515-23. 2012..In Mct8-deficient mice, the thyroid hormone analog, diiodothyropropionic acid (DITPA), does not require MCT8 to enter tissues and could be an effective alternative to thyroid hormone treatment in humans...