Affiliation: New South Wales
- Why a breast boost should remain a controversial aspect of routine breast conservation management in Australia and New Zealand in 2002P Graham
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 47:44-9. 2003..In view of these unresolved controversies, the St George and Wollongong hospitals breast boost trial (SGW trial) will continue to recruit...
- Supraclavicular radiotherapy must be limited laterally by the coracoid to avoid significant adjuvant breast nodal radiotherapy lymphoedema riskP Graham
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 50:578-82. 2006....
- Placing the boost in breast-conservation radiotherapy: A review of the role, indications and techniques for breast-boost radiotherapyP Graham
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Kogarah, Australia
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 18:210-9. 2006..Irrespective of technique, accurate localisation will maximise the benefit of a boost. Surgical clips are strongly recommended to facilitate localisation...
- Inhalation aromatherapy during radiotherapy: results of a placebo-controlled double-blind randomized trialP H Graham
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Gray St, Kogarah, Australia, 2217
J Clin Oncol 21:2372-6. 2003..To determine whether the inhalation of aromatherapy during radiotherapy reduces anxiety...
- Type of consent does not influence patient recall of serious potential radiation toxicity of adjuvant breast radiotherapyPeter Graham
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Australas Radiol 47:416-21. 2003..Significant numbers of women erroneously attributed a number of 'complications' or symptoms to radiotherapy...
- Randomized, paired comparison of No-Sting Barrier Film versus sorbolene cream (10% glycerine) skin care during postmastectomy irradiationPeter Graham
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, University of New South Wales, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:241-6. 2004..We designed a study to test the effect of prophylactic 3M Cavilon No-Sting Barrier Film (No-Sting) on the rates of moist desquamation compared with sorbolene cream (with 10% glycerin)...
- A pilot randomised comparison of dexamethasone 96 mg vs 16 mg per day for malignant spinal-cord compression treated by radiotherapy: TROG 01.05 Superdex studyP H Graham
St George Hospital Cancer Care Centre, Kogarah, Sydney, Australia
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 18:70-6. 2006..To test the viability of a full-scale randomised comparison of two steroid doses given with radiotherapy for malignant spinal-cord compression (MSCC), to test Internet randomisation and to compare different functional outcome measures...
- The effect of adjuvant postmastectomy radiotherapy bolus technique on local recurrenceMinh Thi Tieu
Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Kogarah, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:e165-71. 2011..Postmastectomy radiotherapy bolus is heterogenous, with little evidence to guide clinical practise. This study explores the effect of chest wall bolus technique on chest wall recurrence...
- Effect of oral sucralfate on late rectal injury associated with radiotherapy for prostate cancer: A double-blind, randomized trialAndrew Kneebone
Cancer Therapy Centre, Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, Australia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1088-97. 2004..To assess whether oral sucralfate is effective in preventing late rectal injury in prostate cancer patients treated with radiotherapy...
- Women's choice between sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary clearanceSteven Gan
St George Hospital, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 72:110-3. 2002..To determine whether women would choose sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) or axillary clearance (AC) for breast cancer treatment when they are given a single choice based on clear information about morbidity and mortality...
- Targeted alpha therapy for cancerBarry J Allen
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology, St George Cancer Care Centre, Kogarah 2217, NSW, Australia
Phys Med Biol 49:3703-12. 2004..Results of the phase 1 clinical trial of TAT of subcutaneous, secondary melanoma indicate proof of the principle that TAT can make tumours in patients regress...
- 3D radiotherapy can be safely combined with sandwich systemic gemcitabine chemotherapy in the management of pancreatic cancer: factors influencing outcomeNigel Spry
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, WA, Australia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1438-46. 2008....
- Tumour anti-vascular alpha therapy: a mechanism for the regression of solid tumours in metastatic cancerBarry J Allen
Phys Med Biol 52:L15-9. 2007..This effect depends on the expression of targeted receptors by capillary pericytes and contiguous cancer cells, and on the short-range and high-energy transfer of alpha radiation...
- Stage is not a reliable indicator of tumor volume in non-small cell lung cancer: a preliminary analysis of the Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group 99-05 databaseDavid L Ball
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Thorac Oncol 1:667-72. 2006..As part of the preliminary analyses for the Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group 99-05 study, the authors performed this analysis to determine to what extent stage reflects tumor volume...
- Re: Hermann et al., low testosterone levels and quality of lifeTom Pickles
Radiother Oncol 78:107-8. 2006
- Evaluation of the ACRRM national radiology program for Australian rural and remote medical practitionersRoz Glazebrook
Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, Brisbane, Australia
Rural Remote Health 5:349. 2005..At least 15-20 of these points had to be obtained by one of two mandatory options of the program, either: (1) film interpretation, report and review clinical audit activity; or (2) a radiology clinical attachment...
- What happens to testosterone after prostate radiation monotherapy and does it matter?Tom Pickles
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Urol 167:2448-52. 2002..We describe the phenomenon in detail and assess the impact on biochemical control and prostate specific antigen (PSA) doubling time in patients with relapse...