Affiliation: New South Wales
- Perioperative acute upper gastrointestinal haemorrhage in older patients with hip fracture: incidence, risk factors and preventionL Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, The Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:297-308. 2007..No specific preventive strategy exists for acute gastrointestinal haemorrhage in hip fracture patients...
- Vitamin D and parathyroid hormone in outpatients with noncholestatic chronic liver diseaseLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:513-20. 2007..Our aim was to determine the prevalence and type of vitamin D-parathyroid hormone (PTH) disturbance in ambulatory patients with noncholestatic chronic liver disease (CLD) and its relationship with disease severity and liver function...
- Prevalence of vitamin K and vitamin D deficiency in patients with hepatobiliary and pancreatic disordersLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Nutr Res 29:676-83. 2009..Liver dysfunction is associated with and predictive of vitamin K deficiency of bone and decreased production of osteocalcin, indicating the need for appropriate supplementation...
- Endoscopic skills training in a simulated clinical settingLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
Simul Healthc 5:232-7. 2010..We describe a simulation and scenario-based model of training in gastrointestinal endoscopic hemostasis, which combines acquisition of procedural and problem-solving skills in a close to reality simulated clinical setting...
- The Neutrophil to Lymphocyte Ratio on Admission and Short-Term Outcomes in Orthogeriatric PatientsAlexander Fisher
Department of Geriatric Medicine, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Int J Med Sci 13:588-602. 2016..To investigate the association of the neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) at admission with presence of fracture, comorbid conditions, and its prognostic value for short-term outcomes in orthogeriatric patients...
- Liver function parameters in hip fracture patients: relations to age, adipokines, comorbidities and outcomesLeon Fisher
1 Department of gastroenterology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Int J Med Sci 12:100-15. 2015..To asses liver markers in older patients with hip fracture (HF) in relation to age, comorbidities, metabolic characteristics and short-term outcomes...
- Cardiopulmonary complications of ERCP in older patientsLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology, The Canberra Hospital, Woden, Canberra, ACT 2606, Australia
Gastrointest Endosc 63:948-55. 2006..Biochemical markers of ERCP-related myocardial injury have not previously been investigated...
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of solid pancreatic lesions: Performance and outcomesLeon Fisher
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:90-6. 2009..We report our single-centre experience with endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) of solid pancreatic lesions with regard to clinical utility, diagnostic accuracy and safety...