Affiliation: Monash University
- Linking international research to global health equity: the limited contribution of bioethicsBridget Pratt
Michael Kirby Centre for Public Health and Human Rights at Monash University, Australia
Bioethics 27:208-14. 2013..Bioethics should consider the need for non-clinical health research and its contribution to advancing global justice...
- Evaluating the capacity of theories of justice to serve as a justice framework for international clinical researchBridget Pratt
Monash University, Department of Epidemiology and PreventiveMedicine, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, 3004 Australia
Am J Bioeth 12:30-41. 2012..Aside from Ruger's health capability paradigm, the theories also lack an allocative principle for assigning specific duties to specific actors. This creates difficulties for establishing obligations for certain types of ICR actors...
- Health research systems: promoting health equity or economic competitiveness?Bridget Pratt
Michael Kirby Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, Monash University, Alfred Centre Campus, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Vic, 3004, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 90:55-62. 2012..e. health policy and systems research. Governments must restructure their research laws and policies to increase this essential research in developing countries...
- Closing the translation gap for justice requirements in international researchBridget Pratt
Dept of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
J Med Ethics 38:552-8. 2012..Such empirical work is necessary to inform the articulation of obligations of justice in international research and to develop guidance on how to fulfil them in order to facilitate better adherence to guidelines' requirements...
- Justice in international clinical researchBridget Pratt
Michael Kirby Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, Dept of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Dev World Bioeth 11:75-81. 2011....
- Linking research to global health equity: the contribution of product development partnerships to access to medicines and research capacity buildingBridget Pratt
The authors are with the Michael Kirby Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Public Health 103:1968-78. 2013..Nonetheless, ensuring broad, equitable access for these populations--high distribution coverage; affordability, particularly for the poor; and adoption at provider and end-user levels--remains a challenge...
- A comparison of justice frameworks for international researchBridget Pratt
International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, Baltimore, Maryland, USA Nossal Institute of Global Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Med Ethics 41:539-44. 2015..In doing so, it does not offer a critical comparison of the frameworks but rather seeks to add clarity to current debates on justice and international research by showing how they are positioned relative to one another...