Glenn A Melvin
Affiliation: Monash University
- What happens to depressed adolescents? A follow-up study into early adulthoodGlenn A Melvin
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Australia
J Affect Disord 151:298-305. 2013..This study describes the mental illness and psychosocial outcomes of adolescents who experienced a depressive disorder and identifies predictors of full remission and recurrence...
- A comparison of cognitive-behavioral therapy, sertraline, and their combination for adolescent depressionGlenn A Melvin
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, Monash University, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1151-61. 2006..To evaluate cognitive-behavioral therapy, antidepressant medication alone, and combined CBT and antidepressant medication in the treatment of depressive disorders in adolescents...
- Augmenting Cognitive Behavior Therapy for School Refusal with Fluoxetine: A Randomized Controlled TrialGlenn A Melvin
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health, Monash University, Notting Hill Campus, 1, 270 Ferntree Gully Road, Notting Hill, Vic, 3168, Australia
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev . 2016..These results indicate the chronicity of school refusal, and the need for future research into how to best improve school attendance rates...
- Investigation of consumer satisfaction with cognitive-behaviour therapy and sertraline in the treatment of adolescent depressionAmanda L Dudley
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 39:500-6. 2005..In addition, participants were asked to rank their most preferred treatment from the following approaches: medication, individual counselling, group program and family therapy...
- Coping, daily hassles and behavior and emotional problems in adolescents with high-functioning autism/Asperger's DisorderAngela S Khor
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Early in Life Mental Health Service, Monash Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Rd, Clayton, Vic, 3168, Australia
J Autism Dev Disord 44:593-608. 2014..The disengagement coping style was associated with significantly higher levels of behavior and emotional problems regardless of respondent or methodology, suggesting it may be a valuable target for intervention. ..
- Day program for young people with anorexia nervosaJessica Green
Director of Psychology Clinical Candidate, School of Psychological Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 23:249-53. 2015..This study examined changes in body mass index (BMI), anorectic cognitions, and psychological distress following day program treatment...
- Feasibility and validity of ecological momentary assessment in adolescents with high-functioning autism and Asperger's disorderAngela S Khor
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Australia Electronic address
J Adolesc 37:37-46. 2014..The results suggest adolescents with HFASD are capable of reporting on their stressors and coping via EMA. EMA has the potential to be a valuable research tool in this population. ..
- The Self-Efficacy Questionnaire for Depressed Adolescents: a measure to predict the course of depression in depressed youthMichael S Gordon
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 46:47-54. 2012..This paper presents further information on the psychometric properties of the SEQ-DA in a clinical sample of depressed adolescents...