Glenn A Melvin
Affiliation: Monash University
- What happens to depressed adolescents? A follow-up study into early adulthoodGlenn A Melvin
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Australia
J Affect Disord 151:298-305. 2013..This study describes the mental illness and psychosocial outcomes of adolescents who experienced a depressive disorder and identifies predictors of full remission and recurrence...
- A comparison of cognitive-behavioral therapy, sertraline, and their combination for adolescent depressionGlenn A Melvin
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, Monash University, Australia
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:1151-61. 2006..To evaluate cognitive-behavioral therapy, antidepressant medication alone, and combined CBT and antidepressant medication in the treatment of depressive disorders in adolescents...
- Investigation of consumer satisfaction with cognitive-behaviour therapy and sertraline in the treatment of adolescent depressionAmanda L Dudley
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 39:500-6. 2005..In addition, participants were asked to rank their most preferred treatment from the following approaches: medication, individual counselling, group program and family therapy...
- Coping, daily hassles and behavior and emotional problems in adolescents with high-functioning autism/Asperger's DisorderAngela S Khor
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Early in Life Mental Health Service, Monash Medical Centre, 246 Clayton Rd, Clayton, Vic, 3168, Australia
J Autism Dev Disord 44:593-608. 2014..The disengagement coping style was associated with significantly higher levels of behavior and emotional problems regardless of respondent or methodology, suggesting it may be a valuable target for intervention. ..
- Day program for young people with anorexia nervosaJessica Green
Director of Psychology Clinical Candidate, School of Psychological Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 23:249-53. 2015..This study examined changes in body mass index (BMI), anorectic cognitions, and psychological distress following day program treatment...
- Feasibility and validity of ecological momentary assessment in adolescents with high-functioning autism and Asperger's disorderAngela S Khor
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, School of Psychology and Psychiatry, Monash University, Australia Electronic address
J Adolesc 37:37-46. 2014..The results suggest adolescents with HFASD are capable of reporting on their stressors and coping via EMA. EMA has the potential to be a valuable research tool in this population. ..
- The Self-Efficacy Questionnaire for Depressed Adolescents: a measure to predict the course of depression in depressed youthMichael S Gordon
Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 46:47-54. 2012..This paper presents further information on the psychometric properties of the SEQ-DA in a clinical sample of depressed adolescents...