Affiliation: Monash University
- Generation of a complete thymic microenvironment by MTS24(+) thymic epithelial cellsJason Gill
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash University Medical School, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne 3181, Australia
Nat Immunol 3:635-42. 2002..These cells contained epithelial progenitor cells that were competent and sufficient to fully reconstitute the complex thymic epithelial microenvironment that supported normal T cell development...
- Wnt glycoproteins regulate the expression of FoxN1, the gene defective in nude miceGina Balciunaite
Pediatric Immunology, Department of Research and Clinical biological Sciences, and The Children s Hospital, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 3:1102-8. 2002..Wnt molecules therefore provide regulatory signals critical for thymic function...
- Donor T-cell alloreactivity against host thymic epithelium limits T-cell development after bone marrow transplantationMathias M Hauri-Hohl
Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, Laboratory of Pediatric Immunology, University of Basel Children s Hospital, Mattenstrasse 28, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Blood 109:4080-8. 2007..Hence, strategies that protect TECs may be necessary to improve immune reconstitution following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation...
- Thymic generation and regenerationJason Gill
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash University, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct, Prahran, Australia
Immunol Rev 195:28-50. 2003....
- Thymic regeneration: teaching an old immune system new tricksStuart P Berzins
Section on Immunology and Immunogenetics, Joslin Diabetes Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dept of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Trends Mol Med 8:469-76. 2002..In the future, thymic regeneration might become a feasible and potentially powerful approach to rejuvenating a depleted peripheral T-cell pool...
- Cellular and molecular events during early thymus developmentGeorg Hollander
Pediatric Immunology, The Center for Biomedicine, Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, University of Basel, and The University Children s Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Immunol Rev 209:28-46. 2006..This review highlights recent findings related to the genetic control of early thymus organogenesis and provides insight into the molecular basis by which lymphocyte precursors are attracted to the thymus...
- Autoantigen-specific interactions with CD4+ thymocytes control mature medullary thymic epithelial cell cellularityMagali Irla
University of Geneva Medical School, CMU, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Immunity 29:451-63. 2008....
- Thymic selection threshold defined by compartmentalization of Ras/MAPK signallingMark A Daniels
Laboratory of Transplantation Immunology and Nephrology, Department of Research, University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Nature 444:724-9. 2006....
- Deletion of PKBalpha/Akt1 affects thymic developmentElisabeth Fayard
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 2:e992. 2007..Defects in single components of this pathway prevent thymocytes from progressing beyond early T cell developmental stages. Protein kinase B (PKB) is the main effector of the PI3K pathway...