Affiliation: Monash University
- Impact of tai-chi on falls among preclinically disabled older people. A randomized controlled trialLesley Day
Falls Prevention Research Unit, Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia Electronic address
J Am Med Dir Assoc 16:420-6. 2015..To investigate the effectiveness of tai-chi in preventing falls among community-dwelling older people...
- Population based case-control study of serious non-fatal motorcycle crashesLesley Day
MUARC, Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Public Health 13:72. 2013..Further, the potential contribution of road infrastructure and travel speed has not yet been examined...
- Impact of tai chi on impairment, functional limitation, and disability among preclinically disabled older people: a randomized controlled trialLesley Day
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:1400-7. 2012....
- Modelling the population-level impact of tai-chi on falls and fall-related injury among community-dwelling older peopleLesley Day
Monash University Accident Research Centre, Melbourne, Australia
Inj Prev 16:321-6. 2010..To model the population level impact of tai-chi on future rates of falls and fall-related injury in older people as a tool for policy development...
- A protocol for evidence-based targeting and evaluation of statewide strategies for preventing falls among community-dwelling older people in Victoria, AustraliaLesley Day
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Inj Prev 17:e3. 2011..The challenge now is to deliver the most effective interventions efficiently at a population level, and for these interventions to be taken up by older people...
- Screening for pre-clinical disability in different residential settingsKate Gibson
1Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Geriatr 10:52. 2010....
- Linked versus unlinked hospital discharge data on hip fractures for estimating incidence and comorbidity profilesTrang Vu
Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria 3800, Australia
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:113. 2012....
- The Whitehorse NoFalls trial: effects on fall rates and injurious fall ratesMichael P Fitzharris
Accident Research Centre, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Age Ageing 39:728-33. 2010..the burden of falls and fall-related injuries among older adults is well established. Contention surrounds the effectiveness, and hence value, of multi-component fall prevention interventions delivered in the community...
- Does action follow intention with participation in home and group-based falls prevention exercise programs? An exploratory, prospective, observational studyTerry P Haines
Physiotherapy Department, School of Primary Health Care, Monash University, Frankston, Victoria 3199, Australia Electronic address
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 64:151-61. 2016..Exercise for falls prevention is effective but of limited uptake in real life. The link between intention and behavior is central to many health-behavior models, but has not been examined in the falls prevention exercise context...
- "Are Your Clients Having Fun?" The Implications of Respondents' Preferences for the Delivery of Group Exercise Programs for Falls PreventionLucy McPhate
Physiotherapy Department, Monash University, Frankston, Victoria, Australia
J Aging Phys Act 24:129-38. 2016..Group exercise has been shown to be effective in preventing falls; however, adherence to these interventions is often poor. Older adults' preferences for how these programs can be delivered are unknown...
- Challenges of recruiting farm injury study participants through hospital emergency departmentsLesley Day
Accident Research Centre, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Inj Prev 13:88-92. 2007..The authors describe their experience with recruitment via emergency departments and outline subsequent adjustments to the recruitment approach...
- Key Factors Influencing Implementation of Falls Prevention Exercise Programs in the CommunityLesley Day
Falls Prevention Research Unit, Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
J Aging Phys Act 24:45-52. 2016..A range of strategies to provide more technical support for exercise program leaders to tailor balance challenge for exercise program leaders may enhance implementation of falls prevention exercise programs...
- Trends in tractor related fatalities among adults working on farms in Victoria, Australia, 1985-2010Christopher B Jones
Department of Forensic Medicine, Monash University, 57 83 Kavanagh Street, Southbank, Victoria 3006, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 50:110-4. 2013..An increased trend in run over fatalities was also found (IRR=1.04, 95% CI 1.00-1.09) suggesting the need for research into interventions for this type of fatality, such as safe tractor access platforms...
- The relationship between fatigue-related factors and work-related injuries in the Saskatchewan Farm Injury Cohort StudyRebbecca Lilley
Accident Research Centre, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am J Ind Med 55:367-75. 2012..The objective was to examine the relationship between seasonal variations in sleep quantity and work-related injuries on Saskatchewan farms...
- Patterns of comorbidity in community-dwelling older people hospitalised for fall-related injury: a cluster analysisTrang Vu
Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
BMC Geriatr 11:45. 2011..The objective of this study was therefore to examine the prevalence and patterns of comorbidity in this population group...
- What Are the Characteristics of Home Exercise Programs That Older Adults Prefer?: A Cross-Sectional StudyEmily M Simek
From the Physiotherapy Department, Monash University, Frankston, Victoria EMS, LM, TPH School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science, Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia KDH Centre for Healthy and Safe Sport, University of Ballarat, Ballarat CFF Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Clayton LD and Monash Health, Allied Health Research Unit, Kingston Centre, Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia TPH
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 94:508-21. 2015..The aim of this study was to examine the preferences of older adults toward the structure and delivery of home exercise programs for the prevention of falls as well as the perceived benefits of and barriers to program adherence...
- Implementation of evidence-based falls prevention in clinical services for high-risk clientsLesley Day
Falls Prevention Research Unit, Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 20:255-9. 2014..We investigated falls prevention practice among Hospital Admission Risk Programs (HARP) that provide and coordinate specialized health care for people at high risk of hospitalization...
- Motorcycle deployment and rider characteristics on Victorian farmsLesley Day
Monash University Accident Research Centre, Wellington Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3800, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 14:190-5. 2006..To describe the motorcycle fleet and rider characteristics on Victorian farms...
- Older Adult Perceptions of Participation in Group- and Home-Based Falls Prevention ExerciseLauren M Robins
School of Physiotherapy, Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Department, Monash University, Australia
J Aging Phys Act 24:350-62. 2016..These findings could assist health professionals in prescribing group-based falls prevention exercise by considering characteristics of older adults who perceive social interaction to be beneficial. ..
- Integrating proven falls prevention interventions into government programsLesley Day
Falls Prevention Research Unit, Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 38:122-7. 2014..To identify Department of Health programs with high potential to integrate evidence-based interventions to prevent falls among older people...
- The burden of hospitalised fall-related injury in community-dwelling older people in Victoria: a database studyTrang Vu
Monash Injury Research Institute, Monash University, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 38:128-33. 2014..To estimate the burden of hospitalised fall-related injury in community-dwelling older people in Victoria...
- Pediatric safety on farms: redefining the unacceptableLesley Day
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
CMAJ 174:1731. 2006
- Application of novel communication technologies to the study of farm families: a randomized controlled trialLesley Day
Monash University Accident Research Centre, Clayton, Melbourne, Victoria, 3800, Australia
Prev Med 46:364-9. 2008..The objective of this pilot study was to evaluate the efficacy of three different communication technologies for collection of health outcomes from farm households...
- Factors impacting the household and recreation participation of older adults living in the communityElizabeth Pritchard
Department of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Monash University, Peninsula Campus, Melbourne, Australia
Disabil Rehabil 37:56-63. 2015..To identify demographic, physical and psychosocial determinants associated with participation in daily activities of community-dwelling older adults...
- Randomised factorial trial of falls prevention among older people living in their own homesLesley Day
Accident Research Centre, PO Box 70A, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
BMJ 325:128. 2002..To test the effectiveness of, and explore interactions between, three interventions to prevent falls among older people...