- Three Decades of High-Dose Nicotine Gum Dependence Treated With Nicotine PatchesColin P Mendelsohn
The Sydney Clinic, Bronte, Australia
Nicotine Tob Res 18:1220-1. 2016..Some long-term nicotine gum users are addicted to nicotine and may need assistance to stop. There is no published evidence on the use of nicotine patches for this purpose...
- Managing nicotine dependence in NSW hospitals under the Smoke-free Health Care PolicyColin Mendelsohn
The Sydney Clinic, NSW, Australia
Public Health Res Pract 25:e2531533. 2015..Drugs with a narrow therapeutic index such as clozapine, olanzapine, warfarin and theophylline are of special importance. ..
- Smoking and mental illness. An update for psychiatristsColin P Mendelsohn
Tobacco Treatment Specialist, The Sydney Clinic, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 23:37-43. 2015..We aimed to review research on smoking and mental illness and provide evidence-based guidelines for psychiatrists to help smoking patients quit...
- Optimising nicotine replacement therapy in clinical practiceColin Mendelsohn
Australian Association of Smoking Cessation Professionals, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 42:305-9. 2013..In spite of an established safety and efficacy record, nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is frequently used incorrectly, suboptimally, or not at all...
- Smoking and depression--a reviewColin Mendelsohn
Aust Fam Physician 41:304-7. 2012..People with a lifetime history of depression are twice as likely to smoke as those who do not suffer from depression. Smoking is a major health issue in this population, but is often overlooked by health professionals...
- Women who smoke - A review of the evidenceColin Mendelsohn
Aust Fam Physician 40:403-7. 2011..There are important gender differences in smoking behaviour that have implications for the quitting process. Advice to female smokers should take these factors into account and support should be tailored to their needs...