Genevieve M McArthur
Affiliation: Macquarie University
- Sight Word and Phonics Training in Children With DyslexiaGenevieve McArthur
Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
J Learn Disabil 48:391-407. 2015..Training phonics before sight words had a slight advantage over the reverse order. We discuss the clinical implications of these findings for improving the treatment and assessment of children with dyslexia. ..
- Getting to grips with the heterogeneity of developmental dyslexiaGenevieve McArthur
Department of Cognitive Science, ARC of Centre of Excellence in Cognition and Its Disorders, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Cogn Neuropsychol 30:1-24. 2013..We discuss the implications of these findings for theories of reading and for the diagnosis and treatment of dyslexia...
- Phonics training for English-speaking poor readersGenevieve McArthur
ARC Centre of Excellence of Cognition and its Disorders, Department of Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD009115. 2012..The most well-known review was done by the National Reading Panel (Ehri 2001) 12 years ago and needs updating. The most recent review (Suggate 2010) focused solely on children and did not include unpublished studies...
- Can training normalize atypical passive auditory ERPs in children with SRD or SLI?Genevieve M McArthur
Macquarie Centre for Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, New South Wales, Australia
Dev Neuropsychol 35:656-78. 2010..Post-training measures revealed that training normalized atypical behavioral responses but not atypical N1-P2 windows...
- Auditory processing disorders: can they be treated?Genevieve M McArthur
Macquarie Centre for Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, Macquarie, Australia
Curr Opin Neurol 22:137-43. 2009..Here I test the truth of this claim using evidence from recent auditory training studies done with children with developmental disorders...