Bruce D Wines
Affiliation: Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health
- A conserved host and pathogen recognition site on immunoglobulins: structural and functional aspectsBruce D Wines
Centre for Immunology, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 946:87-112. 2012..We also propose that some pathogen proteins may promote virulence by affecting the bridging between innate and adaptive immunity...
- Polymorphisms and interspecies differences of the activating and inhibitory FcγRII of Macaca nemestrina influence the binding of human IgG subclassesHalina M Trist
Centre for Biomedical Research, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
J Immunol 192:792-803. 2014..These marked interspecies differences in IgG binding between human and macaque FcRs and polymorphisms within species have implications for preclinical evaluation of Abs and vaccines in macaques. ..
- IgA receptors in health and diseaseBruce D Wines
Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Inflammatory Disease Laboratory, The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Austin Health Campus, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Antigens 68:103-14. 2006..Finally, the therapeutic application of various IgA receptors has been sought in the areas of infectious disease, vaccines, and cancer...
- The high-affinity receptor for IgG, FcγRI, of humans and non-human primatesAlicia M Chenoweth
Centre for Biomedicine, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Immunol Rev 268:175-91. 2015..Additionally, this review will look at the functional consequences of differences in the amino acid sequences between humans and macaques. ..
- Interaction of human, rat, and mouse immunoglobulin A (IgA) with Staphylococcal superantigen-like 7 (SSL7) decoy protein and leukocyte IgA receptorBruce D Wines
Centre for Immunology, The Burnet Institute, Melbourne 3004, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:33118-24. 2011....
- Structural basis for Fc gammaRIIa recognition of human IgG and formation of inflammatory signaling complexesPaul A Ramsland
Centre for Immunology, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
J Immunol 187:3208-17. 2011..A model is presented whereby a dimer of FcγRIIa-HR binds Ag-Ab complexes in an arrangement that possibly occurs on the cell membrane as part of a larger signaling assembly...
- The FcγR of humans and non-human primates and their interaction with IgG: implications for induction of inflammation, resistance to infection and the use of therapeutic monoclonal antibodiesP Mark Hogarth
Burnet Institute, 85 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Vic, 3004, Australia
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 382:321-52. 2014..Careful comparative studies of human and non-human primate FcγRs will facilitate our appreciation of what attributes of HIV specific IgG antibodies, either acquired naturally or via vaccination, are most important for protection. ..
- An FcgammaRIIa-binding peptide that mimics the interaction between FcgammaRIIa and IgGAngela C Cendron
Burnet Institute, Austin Campus, Studley Road, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
Mol Immunol 45:307-19. 2008....
- Surface display of IgG Fc on baculovirus vectors enhances binding to antigen-presenting cells and cell lines expressing Fc receptorsJohn C Martyn
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Arch Virol 154:1129-38. 2009..These novel baculoviral vectors, which target cells of the immune system that express FcRs, have potential applications for vaccination or gene therapy...