Glen A Kennedy
- A prospective phase II randomized study of deferasirox to prevent iatrogenic iron overload in patients undertaking induction/consolidation chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemiaGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield St, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Br J Haematol 161:794-801. 2013..Use of deferasirox to prevent iatrogenic iron overload in AML patients undertaking induction/consolidation is poorly tolerated and appears to be associated with excess GI and infectious toxicity...
- Transplantation-associated thrombotic microangiopathy: effect of concomitant GVHD on efficacy of therapeutic plasma exchangeG A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:699-704. 2010..PE is potentially efficacious in the absence of active acute GVHD, and ineffective when acute GVHD is manifest...
- Posttransplant thrombotic microangiopathy: sensitivity of proposed new diagnostic criteriaGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Transfusion 49:1884-9. 2009..However, both newly proposed criteria are yet to be clinically validated...
- Myeloablative allogeneic stem cell transplantation for advanced stage multiple myeloma: very long-term follow up of a single center experienceG A Kennedy
Division of Oncology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Queensland, Australia
Clin Lab Haematol 28:189-97. 2006..Efforts should continue on alternative allogeneic SCT approaches to reduce the high early TRM rate associated with myeloablative conditioning...
- Combination antithymocyte globulin and soluble TNFalpha inhibitor (etanercept) +/- mycophenolate mofetil for treatment of steroid refractory acute graft-versus-host diseaseG A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:1143-7. 2006..Further study of this immunosuppression combination in a larger cohort of patients in this setting is indicated...
- Incidence and nature of CD20-negative relapses following rituximab therapy in aggressive B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a retrospective reviewGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia
Br J Haematol 119:412-6. 2002..As such, repeat tissue biopsy should be undertaken to document CD20 expression by both flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry prior to considering repeated courses of rituximab in relapsed aggressive lymphomas...
- Neutrophil dysplasia characterised by a pseudo-Pelger-Huet anomaly occurring with the use of mycophenolate mofetil and ganciclovir following renal transplantation: a report of five casesGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Centre for Immunology and Cancer Research, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Pathology 34:263-6. 2002..We present a further five cases of MMF-related dysgranulopoiesis characterised by a pseudo-PH anomaly occurring after renal transplantation...
- Is extramedullary relapse of acute myeloid leukemia after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation associated with improved survival?Cameron Curley
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Queensland, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 9:285-9. 2013..We reviewed the outcomes of relapsed AML post-HSCT at our institution to determine whether survival for patients with EM relapse was truly improved in comparison to patients suffering BM relapses treated in a similar (active) way...
- Outcomes after major or bidirectional ABO-mismatched allogeneic hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation after pretransplant isoagglutinin reduction with donor-type secretor plasma with or without plasma exchangeCameron Curley
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Transfusion 52:291-7. 2012..Although pretransplant (recipient) isoagglutinin reduction may be associated with decreased immunohematologic complications in this setting, there is no consensus with respect to strategies for isoagglutinin reduction...
- Clinical assessment of anti-viral CD8+ T cell immune monitoring using QuantiFERON-CMV® assay to identify high risk allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients with CMV infection complicationsSiok Keen Tey
Australian Centre for Vaccine Development and Tumour Immunology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e74744. 2013..002). Hence, QuantiFERON-CMV® testing in the week following CMV viremia can be useful in identifying HSCT recipients at risk of complicated reactivation...
- Identification of tumours with the CD43 only phenotype during the investigation of suspected lymphoma: a heterogeneous group not necessarily of T cell originGlen A Kennedy
Department of Haematology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Pathology 34:46-50. 2002..In this setting, tumours expressing CD43 in the absence of other T or B cell markers (CD43 only phenotype) are rare. We present four cases with this aberrant phenotype seen at our institution...
- A randomized trial of olanzapine versus palonosetron versus infused ondansetron for the treatment of breakthrough chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMidori Nakagaki
Pharmacy Department, Level 1 Ned Hanlon Building, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield Street, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
Support Care Cancer . 2016....
- A novel mutation of the erythropoietin receptor gene associated with primary familial and congenital polycythaemiaKacey O'Rourke
Department of Haematology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield St, Herston, QLD, 4029, Australia
Int J Hematol 93:542-4. 2011..Given the strong family history of complications attributable to erythrocytosis we have recommended venesection with a haematocrit target of ≤0.45 for our patient...
- Pretransplant platelet transfusion refractoriness is not associated with platelet nonengraftment in T-replete hematopoietic progenitor cell transplantation for hematologic malignanciesAshleigh Scott
Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston
Transfusion 56:164-9. 2016..For patients with PTR undergoing subsequent allogeneic HPCT, however, the effect if any on subsequent PLT nonengraftment is unknown...
- Treatment of primary cutaneous follicular centre lymphoma with rituximab: a report of two casesGlen A Kennedy
Haematology Service, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 45:34-7. 2004..No adverse effects were observed. To date, disease progression has occurred in one case during overall follow up at 6 and 17 months. The potential role of rituximab in the treatment of these lymphomas is discussed...
- Ante-mortem diagnosis of localized invasive esophageal aspergillosis in a patient with acute myeloid leukemiaFiona Chionh
Department of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Leuk Lymphoma 46:603-5. 2005..Thus, in patients with hematological malignancies who develop significant gastrointestinal symptoms, we recommend that endoscopic investigations and biopsies are performed to exclude IA as a potential cause...