- An evidence-based appraisal of splinting luxated, avulsed and root-fractured teethBill Kahler
Discipline of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Dent Traumatol 24:2-10. 2008..Despite the ranking of these studies in this appraisal as low levels of evidence, these recommendations should be considered 'best practice', a core philosophy of evidence-based dentistry...
- Effect of material properties on stresses at the restoration-dentin interface of composite restorations during polymerizationBill Kahler
School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Dent Mater 22:942-7. 2006..As a consequence many numerical results remain inconclusive...
- On material choice and fracture susceptibility of restored teeth: an asymptotic stress analysis approachBill Kahler
School of Dentistry, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Dent Mater 22:1109-14. 2006..The purpose of this study was to specifically examine aspects of the material choice holding other factors constant...
- On the design of dental resin-based composites: a micromechanical approachBill Kahler
Biomaterials Science Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Sydney, Australia
Acta Biomater 4:165-72. 2008..Results obtained for resin-based composites reinforced with spherical, disc and short fibre particles highlight the advantages of disc shaped and short fibre particles...
- Effect of material properties of composite restoration on the strength of the restoration-dentine interface due to polymerization shrinkage, thermal and occlusal loadingKrzysztof Borkowski
School of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Med Eng Phys 29:671-6. 2007....
- Analysis of interfacial fracture in dental restorationsAndrei Kotousov
School of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Adelaide, South Australia, SA 5005, Australia
Dent Mater 27:1094-101. 2011....
- Comparison of an analytical expression of resin composite curing stresses with in vitro observations of marginal crackingBill Kahler
School of Dentistry, University of Queensland, Australia
Am J Dent 23:357-64. 2010..To observe the marginal failure at the enamel-resin composite interface upon curing, and utilize a recently developed analytical model for curing stresses to relate to the extent of interfacial failure...
- Fracture-toughening mechanisms responsible for differences in work to fracture of hydrated and dehydrated dentineBill Kahler
Biomaterials Science Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, and Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Biomech 36:229-37. 2003..Based on these results, several fracture-toughening mechanisms were identified in dentine, with micro-cracking not considered the most important. These findings may be relevant for bone, a similar mineralised hydrated tissue...
- Healing responses following transverse root fracture: a historical review and case reports showing healing with (a) calcified tissue and (b) dense fibrous connective tissueGeoffrey S Heithersay
School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Dent Traumatol 29:253-65. 2013....
- Tooth discolouration: staining effects of various sealers and medicamentsAndrew David Thomson
School of Dentistry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust Endod J 38:2-9. 2012..AH26 caused more darkening than did the other sealers. It was concluded that the use of alternatives to Ledermix and AH26 should be considered when aesthetics are important...