P J James
- Resistance to insect growth regulator insecticides in populations of sheep lice as assessed by a moulting disruption assayP J James
Animal Research Institute, Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, Yeerongpilly, Queensland, Australia
Med Vet Entomol 22:326-30. 2008..These tests confirmed the development of resistance to triflumuron and diflubenzuron in at least two instances, with estimated resistance ratios of 67-94X at LC(50)...
- Strategic use of crutching and dicyclanil to protect unmulesed sheep against breech strikeP J James
Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, Yeerongpilly QLD 4105
Aust Vet J 87:138-41. 2009..To test strategies for the application of dicyclanil and mid-season crutching to maximise protection of unmulesed sheep against breech strike...
- Temporal relationship between infestation with lice (Bovicola ovis Schrank) and the development of pruritic behaviour and fleece derangement in sheepP J James
South Australian Research and Development Institute, GPO Box 397, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
Vet Parasitol 149:251-7. 2007....
- In vitro infection of sheep lice (Bovicola ovis Schrank) by Steinernematid and Heterorhabditid nematodesP J James
Animal Research Institute, Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation, 665 Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly, Queensland 4105, Australia
Vet Parasitol 174:85-91. 2010..05). It is concluded that of the ENs studied S. riobrave is likely to be most effective against B. ovis when applied to live sheep because of its greater tolerance to high temperatures and 'cruiser' foraging strategy...
- Mechanism of resistance to synthetic pyrethroids in buffalo flies in south-east QueenslandJ T Rothwell
School of Veterinary Science, University of Queensland, Gatton Campus, Gatton 4343, Queensland, Australia
Aust Vet J 89:70-2. 2011....
- Variation among Merino sheep in susceptibilty to lice (Bovicola ovis) and association with susceptibility to trichostrongylid gastrointestinal parasitesP J James
South Australian Research and Development Institute, 33 Flemington Street, Glenside, SA 5065, Australia
Vet Parasitol 103:355-65. 2002..Whether this is due to interaction of the effects of the parasites or to correlation in underlying resistance mechanisms requires clarification...
- Detection of cutaneous myiasis in sheep using an 'electronic nose'A P Cramp
Animal Research Institute, Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries, Yeerongpilly 4105, Queensland, Australia
Vet Parasitol 166:293-8. 2009..Practical methods for collection of odour in the field and suitable detection algorithms will be required for development to commercial application...
- Do sheep regulate the size of their mallophagan louse populations?P J James
South Australian Research and Development Institute, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Parasitol 29:869-75. 1999..Evidence is presented that despite their surface feeding habit Bovicola ovis stimulate an immune response in sheep and that this response may play a part in regulating the size of louse populations...
- Controlled release insecticide devices for protection of sheep against head strike caused by Lucilia cuprinaP J James
Department of Primary Industries, Adelaide, Australia
Vet Parasitol 52:113-28. 1994....
- Reduced efficacy of macrocyclic lactone treatments in controlling gastrointestinal nematode infections of weaner dairy calves in subtropical eastern AustraliaM Lyndal-Murphy
Queensland Primary Industries and Fisheries, Yeerongpilly, QLD, Australia
Vet Parasitol 168:146-50. 2010..7%) for MXD, 0.7% (-226 to 70%) for IVM and 100% for LEV. This is the first report in Australia of the failure of macrocyclic lactone treatments to control subtropical Cooperia spp. and suspected failure to control H. placei in cattle...
- The prevalence of lice on sheep and control practices in South AustraliaP J James
South Australian Research and Development Institute, 33 Flemington St, Glenside, South Australia 5065
Aust Vet J 82:563-8. 2004..To assess the prevalence of infestations of lice in sheep flocks and to survey control practices for lice in South Australia..
- Sensitivity of two-stage sampling to detect sheep biting lice (Bovicola ovis) in infested flocksP J James
Department of Entomology, 219 Hodson Hall, 1980 Folwell Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Vet Parasitol 103:157-66. 2002....