Alan W Hampson
- Vaccines for pandemic influenza. The history of our current vaccines, their limitations and the requirements to deal with a pandemic threatAlan W Hampson
Interflu Pty Ltd
Ann Acad Med Singapore 37:510-7. 2008..New approaches to influenza vaccines which might fulfil the demands of a pandemic situation are under evaluation, however, these remain some distance from clinical reality and face significant regulatory hurdles...
- Avian influenza: a pandemic waiting in the wings?Alan W Hampson
Australian Influenza Specialist Group, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med Australas 18:420-9. 2006..As a background to these concerns the present article reviews influenza as a human disease, its origins and the involvement of other species, properties of the influenza viruses and the current status of influenza prevention and control...
- Improving the selection and development of influenza vaccine viruses - Report of a WHO informal consultation on improving influenza vaccine virus selection, Hong Kong SAR, China, 18-20 November 2015Hampson Alan
Interflu Pty Ltd, Victoria, Australia Electronic address
Vaccine . 2017..In all areas, a renewed and strengthened emphasis was placed on developing concrete and measurable actions and identifying the key stakeholders responsible for their implementation...
- The influenza virusesAlan W Hampson
Interflu Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 185:S39-43. 2006..However, during the past 3 years, more than 250 cases of H5N1 infection of humans have occurred, with associated mortality approaching 60%. It is feared that a new pandemic of human influenza may emerge from this...
- Influenza outbreaks in aged-care facilities: staff vaccination and the emerging use of antiviral therapyRebecca J Guy
Department of Human Services, Melbourne, Vic
Med J Aust 180:640-2. 2004
- Surveillance for neuraminidase inhibitor resistance in human influenza viruses from AustraliaAeron C Hurt
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza, Melbourne, Australia
Commun Dis Intell Q Rep 27:542-7. 2003....
- Avian influenza and planning for pandemicsDavid Isaacs
Med J Aust 181:62-3. 2004
- Detection of influenza viruses resistant to neuraminidase inhibitors in global surveillance during the first 3 years of their useArnold S Monto
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2395-402. 2006..The frequency of variants with decreased sensitivity to the NAIs did not increase significantly during this period, but continued surveillance is required, especially in regions with higher NAI use...
- The global circulation of seasonal influenza A (H3N2) virusesColin A Russell
Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Science 320:340-6. 2008....
- The epidemiology and clinical impact of pandemic influenzaJonathan S Nguyen-Van-Tam
Aventis Pasteur MSD, Mallards Reach, Bridge Avenue, SL6 1QP, Maidenhead, UK
Vaccine 21:1762-8. 2003....
- Susceptibility of human influenza viruses from Australasia and South East Asia to the neuraminidase inhibitors zanamivir and oseltamivirAeron C Hurt
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza, 45 Poplar Road, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Antiviral Res 62:37-45. 2004....
- Concurrent summer influenza and pertussis outbreaks in a nursing home in Sydney, AustraliaMark J Ferson
South Eastern Sydney Public Health Unit, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 25:962-6. 2004..To report on the investigation of a summer outbreak of acute respiratory illness among residents of a Sydney nursing home...
- Reactogenicity and immunogenicity of an inactivated influenza vaccine administered by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection in elderly adultsIan F Cook
Discipline of General Practice, School of Medical Practice and Population Health, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Vaccine 24:2395-402. 2006..Similar results were seen with local adverse effects. These data suggest that vaccination practices that ensure intramuscular injection are required for optimal administration of influenza vaccines in the elderly...
- Ferrets and the challenges of H5N1 vaccine formulationAlan W Hampson
J Infect Dis 194:143-5. 2006
- Report of the second meeting on the development of influenza vaccines that induce broad-spectrum and long-lasting immune responses, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 6-7 December 2005Alan W Hampson
Erasmus Medical Center, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Vaccine 24:4897-4900. 2006..The main conclusions and recommendations from this consultation are presented below...