P A Gunatillake
- Recent developments in biodegradable synthetic polymersPathiraja Gunatillake
PolyNovo Biomaterials Pty Ltd, Bag 10, Clayton South, Bayview Avenue, Clayton 3169, Australia
Biotechnol Annu Rev 12:301-47. 2006..Injectable polymers based on urethane and urethane/acrylate have shown great promise in developing delivery systems for tissue engineered products and therapies...
- Biodegradable synthetic polymers for tissue engineeringP A Gunatillake
CSIRO Molecular Science, Bag 10, Clayton South MDC, VIC 3169, Australia
Eur Cell Mater 5:1-16; discussion 16. 2003..Polyurethanes have received recent attention for development of degradable polymers because of their great potential in tailoring polymer structure to achieve mechanical properties and biodegradability to suit a variety of applications...
- Biodegradable and injectable cure-on-demand polyurethane scaffolds for regeneration of articular cartilageJ A Werkmeister
CSIRO Molecular and Health Technologies, Clayton South, Victoria 3169, Australia
Acta Biomater 6:3471-81. 2010..Further, the composition of the ECM was typical for articular cartilage with prominent collagen type II and type VI and moderate keratin sulphate, particularly for tissue constructs cultured under dynamic conditions...
- Chemosynthesis of bioresorbable poly(gamma-butyrolactone) by ring-opening polymerisation: a reviewTim Moore
Molecular Science, CSIRO, Bayview Avenue, Clayton South MDC 3169, Australia
Biomaterials 26:3771-82. 2005..Poly(gamma-butyrolactone) can be thought of as being the missing link in the biodegradable polyester family immediately between PGA and PCL and displaying intermediate properties...
- Synthesis of two-component injectable polyurethanes for bone tissue engineeringIan C Bonzani
Department of Materials, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Biomaterials 28:423-33. 2007..Based on preliminary mechanical analysis and cytotoxicity results, these injectable polymers may have a number or potential orthopaedic applications; ranging from bone glues to scaffolds for bone regeneration...