M R Dadds
Affiliation: Griffith University
- Imagery in human classical conditioningM R Dadds
School of Psychology, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, Australia
Psychol Bull 122:89-103. 1997..Finally, they analyze anxiety and trauma reactions as examples of how applied areas can be used to explore and benefit from developments in this area...
- Prevention and early intervention for anxiety disorders: a controlled trialM R Dadds
School of Applied Psychology, Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, Australia
J Consult Clin Psychol 65:627-35. 1997..Overall, the results showed that anxiety problems and disorders identified using child and teacher reports can be successfully targeted through an early intervention school-based program...
- The role of parental anxiety in the treatment of childhood anxietyV E Cobham
School of Psychology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
J Consult Clin Psychol 66:893-905. 1998..At follow-up, these differences were maintained, with some weakening over time. Results were not consistent across outcome measures. The interpretation and potential clinical implications of these findings are discussed...
- Early intervention and prevention of anxiety disorders in children: results at 2-year follow-upM R Dadds
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, Australia
J Consult Clin Psychol 67:145-50. 1999..Overall, follow-up results show that a brief school-based intervention for children can produce durable reductions in anxiety problems...
- Anxious children and their parents: what do they expect?V E Cobham
School of Psychology, University of Queensland, Australia
J Clin Child Psychol 28:220-31. 1999..Finally, the family discussion was found to produce no changes in anxious children's expectations of their future performance. The implications of these findings are discussed...
- Cognitive-behavioral treatment of anxiety disorders in children: long-term (6-year) follow-upP M Barrett
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Southport, Queensland, Australia
J Consult Clin Psychol 69:135-41. 2001..Furthermore, CBT and CBT plus family management were equally effective at long-term follow-up. These findings support the long-term clinical utility of CBT in treating children and adolescents suffering from anxiety disorders...
- Family caregivers' criticism of patients with schizophreniaC A Harrison
School of Psychology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Psychiatr Serv 49:918-24. 1998..Relationships were examined between patients' negative symptoms, family caregivers' knowledge of schizophrenia, caregivers' attributions about the cause of patients' symptoms, and caregivers' response to the symptoms...
- The efficacy of a universal school-based program to prevent adolescent depressionI M Shochet
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia 4111
J Clin Child Psychol 30:303-15. 2001..Adolescents also reported high satisfaction with the program. The study provides evidence for the efficacy of a school-based universal program designed to prevent depression in adolescence...
- A randomized, controlled trial of nurse home visiting to vulnerable families with newbornsK L Armstrong
Royal Children s Hospital, Clayfield, Queensland, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 35:237-44. 1999..This project aimed to evaluate the impact of a home visiting programme that targeted families where the child, for environmental reasons, was at great risk of poor health and developmental outcomes...
- Parent training skills and methadone maintenance: clinical opportunities and challengesS Dawe
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Mt Gravatt Campus, Queensland 4111, Brisbane, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 60:1-11. 2000..However, it is likely that such programs would need to be medium to long term and address issues beyond parent child relationships. How such interventions may be delivered and evaluated is discussed...
- Attachment and coercive sexual behaviorS W Smallbone
School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
Sex Abuse 12:3-15. 2000....
- The influence of family and experimental context on cognition in anxious childrenA L Shortt
School of Applied Psychology, Faculty of Health Science, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, Australia
J Abnorm Child Psychol 29:585-96. 2001..Treatment context and maternal distress were correlated with the child's increased avoidance following family discussion. Limitations of these studies and directions for future research are discussed...
- Practitioner review: psychological management of anxiety disorders in childhoodM R Dadds
School of Applied Psychology, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 42:999-1011. 2001..Guidelines for assessment and treatment are presented, and suggestions are made for effectively managing clinical process...