- Automatic segmentation of the bone and extraction of the bone-cartilage interface from magnetic resonance images of the kneeJurgen Fripp
BioMedIA Lab, Autonomous Systems Laboratory, CSIRO ICT Centre, Level 20, 300 Adelaide street, Brisbane, Qld 4001, Australia
Phys Med Biol 52:1617-31. 2007..89) and an average point-to-surface error of 0.16 mm on the BCI. The extracted BCI had a median surface overlap of 0.94 with the real interface, demonstrating its usefulness for subsequent cartilage segmentation or quantitative analysis...
- A novel mesh processing based technique for 3D plant analysisAnthony Paproki
The Australian e Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Australia
BMC Plant Biol 12:63. 2012..However, 3D mesh analysis provides the tremendous potential to accurately estimate specific morphological features cross-sectionally and monitor them over-time...
- Automatic segmentation and quantitative analysis of the articular cartilages from magnetic resonance images of the kneeJurgen Fripp
CSIRO, ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre BioMedIA, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, 4029 Herston, QLD, Australia
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 29:55-64. 2010..92, 4.65, 5.69) and absolute Laplacian thickness difference of (0.13, 0.24, 0.12) mm...
- Appearance modeling of 11C PiB PET images: characterizing amyloid deposition in Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment and healthy agingJurgen Fripp
Australian e Health Research Center, CSIRO ICT Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Neuroimage 43:430-9. 2008....
- Automatic segmentation of articular cartilage in magnetic resonance images of the kneeJurgen Fripp
BioMedIA Lab, e Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Australia
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 10:186-94. 2007..891), close to the (0.896) obtained using a semi-automatic watershed algorithm. The error in quantitative volume and thickness measures was (8.29, 4.94, 5.56)% and (0.19, 0.33, 0.10) mm respectively...
- Segmentation of the bones in MRIs of the knee using phase, magnitude, and shape informationJurgen Fripp
BioMedIA Lab, eHealth Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, 300 Adelaide street, Brisbane, QLD, 4001, Australia
Acad Radiol 14:1201-8. 2007..Moreover, we show that by incorporating shape information, more accurate and anatomically valid segmentations are obtained...
- MR-less high dimensional spatial normalization of 11C PiB PET images on a population of elderly, mild cognitive impaired and Alzheimer disease patientsJurgen Fripp
Australian E Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 11:442-9. 2008..The R-squared correlation between the uptake obtained in the frontal, parietal, occipital and temporal was 0.789, 0.843, 0.871 and 0.964. These are very promising results, considering the low resolution of 11C PiB PET images...
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal analysis of the relationship between Aβ deposition, cortical thickness, and memory in cognitively unimpaired individuals and in Alzheimer diseaseVincent Dore
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship ICTC, the Australian e Health Research Centre BioMedical, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
JAMA Neurol 70:903-11. 2013..We aimed to further characterize the cross-sectional and longitudinal relationship between Aβ deposition, gray matter atrophy, and cognitive impairment...
- Cortical surface mapping using topology correction, partial flattening and 3D shape context-based non-rigid registration for use in quantifying atrophy in Alzheimer's diseaseOscar Acosta
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship, ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre BioMedIA, Herston, Australia
J Neurosci Methods 205:96-109. 2012..We demonstrated the validity of the method for use in clinical studies which provides an alternative to well established techniques to compare different imaging biomarkers for the study of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Automated (11)C-PiB standardized uptake value ratioParnesh Raniga
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagshift ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre BioMedIA, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Acad Radiol 15:1376-89. 2008..However, SUVR is still conducted manually and is time consuming. An automated normalization algorithm is proposed...
- Automated voxel-based 3D cortical thickness measurement in a combined Lagrangian-Eulerian PDE approach using partial volume mapsOscar Acosta
The Australian e Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Med Image Anal 13:730-43. 2009..Overall, with our method the number of samples is reduced by 25% to find significant differences between the two groups...
- Automatic delineation of sulci and improved partial volume classification for accurate 3D voxel-based cortical thickness estimation from MROscar Acosta
The Australian e Health Research Centre, ICTC CSIRO, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 11:253-61. 2008..9). A quantitative analysis on clinical data from an Alzheimer's disease study showed significant differences between normal controls and Alzheimer's disease patients...
- MR-less surface-based amyloid estimation by subject-specific atlas selection and Bayesian fusionLuping Zhou
Australian E Health Research Centre, CSIRO, Australia
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 15:220-7. 2012..Qualitative and quantitative comparison with and without MRI are presented. Using PET only, the average error on the brain surface was around 13% compared to MRI-dependant method...
- MR image segmentation using phase information and a novel multiscale schemePierrick Bourgeat
BioMedIA Lab, Autonomous Systems Laboratory, CSIRO ICT Centre, Sydney, Australia
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 9:920-7. 2006..This algorithm dramatically increases the speed of the segmentation process by an order of magnitude through a reduction of the number of pixels that needs to be classified in the image...
- The use of unwrapped phase in MR image segmentation: a preliminary studyPierrick Bourgeat
Autonomous Sytems Laboratory, BioMedIA Lab, CSIRO ICT Centre, Australia
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:813-20. 2005..The textural information extracted from the magnitude and the phase can be combined to perform tissue classification, and used to initialise an active shape model, leading to a more precise segmentation...
- Patient specific prostate segmentation in 3-d magnetic resonance imagesShekhar S Chandra
Australian E Health Research Centre, CSIRO, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 31:1955-64. 2012..The median DSC result was equal to the inter-rater DSC and had a mean absolute surface error of 1.85 mm. The approach is showed to perform well near the apex and seminal vesicles of the prostate...
- Detecting global and local hippocampal shape changes in Alzheimer's disease using statistical shape modelsKai Kai Shen
Australian E Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Neuroimage 59:2155-66. 2012....
- MR image segmentation of the knee bone using phase informationPierrick Bourgeat
BioMedIA Lab, e Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Med Image Anal 11:325-35. 2007..An order of magnitude increase is obtained, by reducing the number of pixels that need to be classified...
- Topology-corrected segmentation and local intensity estimates for improved partial volume classification of brain cortex in MRIAndrea Rueda
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship, ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre BioMedIA, Herston, Australia
J Neurosci Methods 188:305-15. 2010..0% (p<0.001). Thickness estimation with the proposed method showed a higher reproducibility compared with the measure performed after partial volume classification using other methods...
- Automatic bone segmentation and bone-cartilage interface extraction for the shoulder joint from magnetic resonance imagesZhengyi Yang
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Phys Med Biol 60:1441-59. 2015..In future work, this framework appears to provide a promising avenue for automated segmentation and quantitative analysis of cartilage in the glenohumeral joint...
- Automated bone segmentation from large field of view 3D MR images of the hip jointYing Xia
Australian E Health Research Centre, CSIRO ICT Centre, Brisbane QLD 4029, Australia School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4027, Australia
Phys Med Biol 58:7375-90. 2013..The highly computational efficient ASM-based approach is more likely suitable for future clinical applications such as extracting bone-cartilage interfaces for potential cartilage segmentation. ..
- Constrained reverse diffusion for thick slice interpolation of 3D volumetric MRI imagesAleš Neubert
CSIRO ICT Centre, The Australian e Health Research Centre, Brisbane, Australia
Comput Med Imaging Graph 36:130-8. 2012..The constrained reverse diffusion approach delivered promising results and provides an alternative for thick slice interpolation, especially for higher anisotropy factors...
- Segmentation of the quadratus lumborum muscle using statistical shape modelingCraig M Engstrom
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Magn Reson Imaging 33:1422-9. 2011..To compare automated segmentation of the quadratus lumborum (QL) based on statistical shape modeling (SSM) with conventional manual processing of magnetic resonance (MR) images for segmentation of this paraspinal muscle...
- Symmetric diffeomorphic registration of fibre orientation distributionsDavid Raffelt
CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Neuroimage 56:1171-80. 2011....
- Advances in structural and molecular neuroimaging in Alzheimer's diseaseKathryn A Ellis
Academic Unit for Psychiatry of Old Age, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 194:S20-3. 2011....
- A magnetic resonance imaging-based workflow for planning radiation therapy for prostate cancerPeter B Greer
Calvary Mater Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 194:S24-7. 2011..MRI-based radiotherapy planning can also be used for tumours in other locations, such as head and neck, and breast cancers...
- The need for improved brain lesion segmentation techniques for children with cerebral palsy: A reviewAlex M Pagnozzi
CSIRO Digital Productivity and Services Flagship, The Australian e Health Research Centre, Brisbane, Australia The University of Queensland, School of Medicine, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia Electronic address
Int J Dev Neurosci 47:229-46. 2015..The benefits of automatic segmentation in CP is important as it has the potential to elucidate the underlying relationship between image derived features and patient outcome, enabling better tailoring of therapy to individual patients. ..
- Basal forebrain atrophy correlates with amyloid β burden in Alzheimer's diseaseGeorg M Kerbler
Queensland Brain Institute, Clem Jones Centre for Ageing Dementia Research, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Neuroimage Clin 7:105-13. 2015..In addition, cluster analysis showed that subjects with a whole basal forebrain volume below a determined cut-off value had a 7 times higher risk of having a worse diagnosis within ~18 months. ..
- Validity and reliability of computerized measurement of lumbar intervertebral disc height and volume from magnetic resonance imagesAleš Neubert
The Australian e Health Research Centre, CSIRO Computational Informatics, Brisbane, Australia School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Spine J 14:2773-81. 2014..Traditionally, the morphologic measurements have been performed using time- and expertise-intensive manual segmentation techniques not well suited for analyses of large-scale studies....
- Extent of altered white matter in unilateral and bilateral periventricular white matter lesions in children with unilateral cerebral palsySimon M Scheck
The University of Queensland, School of Medicine, Brisbane, Australia The University of Queensland, Queensland Cerebral Palsy and Rehabilitation Research Centre, Brisbane, Australia Wellington Regional Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Wellington, New Zealand
Res Dev Disabil 55:368-76. 2016....
- PREMM: preterm early massage by the mother: protocol of a randomised controlled trial of massage therapy in very preterm infantsMelissa M Lai
Perinatal Research Centre, School of Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
BMC Pediatr 16:146. 2016..Effects on the infant will be assessed at the electrophysiological, neuroradiological and clinical levels. Effects on maternal mood, anxiety and mother-infant attachment will also be measured...
- Midsagittal corpus callosum area and conversion to multiple sclerosis after clinically isolated syndrome: A multicentre Australian cohort studyCara Odenthal
Department of Medical Imaging, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol . 2016..This study explores the relationship between CCA measured at CIS presentation (baseline) and at 5 years post presentation, with conversion from CIS to CDMS. The association between CCA and markers of disability progression is explored...
- Efficient brain lesion segmentation using multi-modality tissue-based feature selection and support vector machinesJean Baptiste Fiot
CEREMADE, UMR 7534 CNRS Université Paris Dauphine, France CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship ICTC, The Australian e Health Research Centre BioMedIA, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD, Australia
Int j numer method biomed eng 29:905-15. 2013....
- An atlas-based electron density mapping method for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-alone treatment planning and adaptive MRI-based prostate radiation therapyJason A Dowling
Australian e Health Research Center, CSIRO ICT Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Information and Communication Technologies Centre, Queensland, Australia
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:e5-11. 2012..The aim of this work was to develop an atlas-based method to map realistic electron densities to MRI scans for dose calculations and digitally reconstructed radiograph (DRR) generation...