Jane A Scott
Affiliation: Flinders University
- Occurrence of lactational mastitis and medical management: a prospective cohort study in GlasgowJane A Scott
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Int Breastfeed J 3:21. 2008....
- Food variety at 2 years of age is related to duration of breastfeedingJane A Scott
Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Medicine, Flinders University, PO Box 2100, Adelaide 5001, Australia
Nutrients 4:1464-74. 2012..This finding supports the hypothesis that flavours transferred in breast milk provide repeated early exposure to different tastes and positively shape children’s food preferences and food variety...
- The relationship between breastfeeding and weight status in a national sample of Australian children and adolescentsJane A Scott
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
BMC Public Health 12:107. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the association between breastfeeding duration and weight status in a national sample of Australian children and adolescents...
- Determinants of breastfeeding initiation among mothers in KuwaitManal Dashti
Human Nutrition Section, Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Int Breastfeed J 5:7. 2010..The objective of this study was to identify the incidence of breastfeeding amongst women in the six governorates of Kuwait and the factors associated with the initiation of breastfeeding...
- Early childhood feeding practices and dental caries in preschool children: a multi-centre birth cohort studyAmit Arora
Department of Population Oral Health, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:28. 2011..There is currently a lack of research exploring the interactions between risk and protective factors in the development of early childhood caries, in particular the effects of infant feeding practises...
- Predictors of the early introduction of solid foods in infants: results of a cohort studyJane A Scott
School of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
BMC Pediatr 9:60. 2009....
- Predictors of delayed onset of lactationJane A Scott
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Matern Child Nutr 3:186-93. 2007..While a greater proportion of women who experienced delayed lactation were overweight or obese compared with those who did not experience delayed lactation (40.8% vs. 32.1%), this difference was not statistically significant...
- Predictors of and reasons for pacifier use in first-time mothers: an observational studyChelsea E Mauch
Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
BMC Pediatr 12:7. 2012..Additionally, this study investigated the predictors of pacifier use and the relationship between pacifier use and breastfeeding duration...
- Maternal feeding self-efficacy and fruit and vegetable intakes in infants. Results from the SAIDI studyGloria A Koh
Nutrition and Dietetics, School of Medicine, Flinders University, PO Box 2100, Adelaide, Australia Electronic address
Appetite 81:44-51. 2014..05). This highlights the need for addressing antecedents of maternal feeding self-efficacy and the family eating environment as key strategies towards development of healthy eating in children. ..
- The effect of alcohol intake on breastfeeding duration in Australian womenRoslyn C Giglia
Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia
Acta Paediatr 97:624-9. 2008..This study investigated the relationships between alcohol consumption and breastfeeding initiation and duration...
- Breastfeeding influences on growth and health at one year of ageWendy H Oddy
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, PO Box 855, West Perth W A 6872, Australia
Breastfeed Rev 14:15-23. 2006..By 52 weeks, formula-fed infants were heavier (10138 g vs 9731 g, P = 0.041) and longer (75.6 cm vs 73.7 cm, P = 0.011). An adverse effect of formula milk on infant health and postnatal weight gain remains of public health relevance...
- Temporal changes in the determinants of breastfeeding initiationJane A Scott
Division of Developmental Medicine, Human Nutrition Section, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Birth 33:37-45. 2006..The objective of this study was to compare determinants of breastfeeding at discharge from hospital in 2002/2003 with those reported for 1992/1993...
- Breastfeeding: reasons for starting, reasons for stopping and problems along the wayW Binns Colin
School of Public Health, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Breastfeed Rev 10:13-9. 2002..Proper advice and management is required to ensure that the problems do not lead to cessation of breastfeeding...