Affiliation: Flinders University
- Does school bullying affect adult health? Population survey of health-related quality of life and past victimizationStephen Allison
Flinders University of South Australia, and Southern Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, Adelaide, SA 5042, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:1163-70. 2009..The purpose of the present study was to determine the proportion of adult South Australians who report having experienced school bullying and to examine the relationship between past victimization and adult health-related quality of life...
- Research leadership: should clinical directors be distinguished researchers?Stephen Allison
Associate Professor, Discipline of Psychiatry, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 24:249-51. 2016..More specifically, we examine the expert leader's research track record, the associations with their organisation's performance, and the influence of research activity on clinical excellence...
- Brief therapy for children's mental health problems: outcomes in a rural settingS Allison
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 8:161-6. 2000..The results suggest that brief therapy was appropriate for most of the families and that routine follow-up could help determine those who might benefit from further assistance...
- Gender differences in the relationship between depression and suicidal ideation in young adolescentsS Allison
Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 35:498-503. 2001..This study examined the risk relationship between depressive symptomatology and suicidal ideation for young adolescent males and females...
- Overcoming barriers in referral from schools to mental health servicesStephen Allison
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 16:44-7. 2008..The survey aimed to identify barriers to referral from schools to CAMHS and to generate domains for quality improvement across the six local areas...
- Sexual abuse, antisocial behaviour and substance use: gender differences in young community adolescentsHelen A Bergen
The University of Queensland, Mental Health Centre, K Floor, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:34-41. 2004..To investigate gender-specific relationships between self-reported sexual abuse, antisocial behaviour and substance use in a large community sample of adolescents...
- Sexual abuse and suicidality: gender differences in a large community sample of adolescentsGraham Martin
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Child Abuse Negl 28:491-503. 2004..A cross-sectional study of gender specific relationships between self-reported child sexual abuse and suicidality in a community sample of adolescents...
- Depression in young adolescents: investigations using 2 and 3 factor versions of the Parental Bonding InstrumentGraham Martin
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Queensland, Mental Health Center, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, Australia
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:650-7. 2004..Regardless of the level of parental care and affection, clinicians should note that maternal intrusiveness is strongly associated with adverse psychosocial health in young adolescents...
- Perceived academic performance as an indicator of risk of attempted suicide in young adolescentsAngela S Richardson
Child and Adolescent Psychiastry, The University of Queensland, Mental Health Centre, K Floor, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Arch Suicide Res 9:163-76. 2005..Teachers should note that a student presenting with low self-esteem, depressed mood and perceptions of failure may be at increased risk for suicidal thoughts and behaviors, and need referral for clinical assessment...