- Eating behaviour and obesityElizabeth Denney-Wilson
BMJ 337:a1926. 2008
- Body mass index, waist circumference, and chronic disease risk factors in Australian adolescentsElizabeth Denney-Wilson
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, Level 2, Medical Foundation Bldg K25, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2006
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:566-73. 2008..To determine the association between measures of adiposity (body mass index and waist circumference) and risk factors for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, and the clustering of risk factors in middle adolescence...
- Sedentary behaviours among Australian adolescentsLouise L Hardy
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Camperdown, New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:534-40. 2006..To describe the prevalence and distribution (by demographic characteristics and body mass index [BMI] category) of sedentary behaviour among Australian adolescents aged 11-15 years...
- Validation and application of a novel method of measuring non-response bias in school-based surveys of paediatric overweight and obesityMichael L Booth
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Int J Pediatr Obes 6:e87-93. 2011..To validate a method of estimating non-response bias to a school-based survey based on body mass index (BMI)...
- Trends in the prevalence of overweight and obesity among young Australians, 1985, 1997, and 2004Michael L Booth
New South Wales Centre for Overweight and Obesity, Level 2, K25 Medical Foundation Building, University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:1089-95. 2007..To determine secular trends in overweight/obesity among 7- to 15-year-olds for the periods 1985, 1997, and 2004...
- Characteristics of travel to and from school among adolescents in NSW, AustraliaMichael L Booth
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:755-61. 2007..Active transport to and from school is frequently identified as an opportunity to increase energy expenditure among young people. The epidemiology of travel behaviours among Grade 6, 8 and 10 students in NSW is reported...
- The population distributions, upper normal limits and correlations between liver tests among Australian adolescentsJacob George
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:579-85. 2008..The purpose of this study was to describe the distributions of liver tests, to identify the upper normal limits (UNLs) and to describe the correlations among liver tests...
- A Mobile Health Lifestyle Program for Prevention of Weight Gain in Young Adults (TXT2BFiT): Nine-Month Outcomes of a Randomized Controlled TrialMargaret Allman-Farinelli
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney, University of Sydney, Australia
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 4:e78. 2016..The unprecedented rise in obesity among young adults, who have limited interaction with health services, has not been successfully abated...
- 'TXT2BFiT' a mobile phone-based healthy lifestyle program for preventing unhealthy weight gain in young adults: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialLana Hebden
School of Molecular Bioscience, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Trials 14:75. 2013..Young adults are at high risk for unhealthy weight gain which tends to persist throughout adulthood with associated chronic disease health risks...
- Influences on consumption of soft drinks and fast foods in adolescentsElizabeth Denney-Wilson
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, University of Sydney, Sydney 2052, Australia
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 18:447-52. 2009..Fast food outlets should be encouraged to provide a greater range of healthy and competitively priced options in reasonable portions...
- Child obesity prevention in primary health care: investigating practice nurse roles, attitudes and current practicesAlison Robinson
Research Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:E294-9. 2013..This mixed methods pilot study aims to explore the current practices, attitudes, confidence and training needs of Australian PNs surrounding child obesity prevention in the general practice setting...
- Describing the growth and rapid weight gain of urban Australian Aboriginal infantsVana Webster
Centre for Health Equity Training Research and Evaluation, Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 49:303-8. 2013..The aims of this paper are to describe the growth of urban Australian Aboriginal infants from birth to 24 months of age and to identify the proportion of these infants experiencing rapid weight gain (RWG) and overweight/obesity...
- Tertiary paediatric obesity services in AustraliaPamela J Spilchak
NSW Centre for Overweight and Obesity, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:243-7. 2008..To examine the nature and availability of paediatric obesity services in tertiary care settings across the states/territories of Australia...
- The population prevalence of adverse concentrations and associations with adiposity of liver tests among Australian adolescentsMichael L Booth
School of Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 44:686-91. 2008..This paper reports the prevalence of elevated concentrations of four liver enzymes and their associations with adiposity in a representative population sample of Australian adolescents...
- Readability and content analysis of lifestyle education resources for weight management in Australian general practiceNouhad El-Haddad
Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity, UNSW Australia, New South Wales, Australia Centre for Obesity Management and Prevention Excellence in Primary Health Care, UNSW Australia, New South Wales, Australia
BMC Obes 3:16. 2016..However, one in five Australian adults has low health literacy. The purpose of this study was to assess the readability and analyse the content of weight management resources...
- Preventing obesity in infants: the Growing healthy feasibility trial protocolElizabeth Denney-Wilson
University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
BMJ Open 5:e009258. 2015..The Growing healthy study explores the feasibility of delivering such support via primary health care services...
- Changes in physical activity participation from 1985 to 2004 in a statewide survey of Australian adolescentsAnthony D Okely
Child Obesity Research Centre, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:176-80. 2008..To examine changes in physical activity during a 19-year period between 2 representative cohorts of adolescents from New South Wales, Australia...