- In-hospital cardiac arrests: effect of amended Australian Resuscitation Council 2006 guidelinesMary S Boyde
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
Aust Health Rev 37:178-84. 2013..To evaluate cardiac arrest outcomes following the introduction of the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) 2006 amended guidelines for basic and advanced life support...
- Cardiac clinical skill assessments for registered nursesMary Boyde
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Nurses Staff Dev 28:E1-4. 2012..This framework categorizes identified cardiac skills into a logical sequence for assessment, aims to standardize the assessment process, and allows transportability of clinical skills...
- Pilot testing of a self-care education intervention for patients with heart failureMary Boyde
Cardiology Department, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Australia
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 12:39-46. 2013..Patient education is a precursor to performing appropriate health-related behaviours that can decrease rehospitalizations...
- The impact of progress toward a Clinical Development Unit in CardiologyAmanda Henderson
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba QLD, Australia
Contemp Nurse 24:25-32. 2007....
- Educational interventions for patients with heart failure: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsMary Boyde
Cardiology Department, Princess Alexandra Hospital The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Cardiovasc Nurs 26:E27-35. 2011..Patient education is an important intervention for the management of heart failure; however, in practice patient education varies considerably...
- Improving survival after in-hospital cardiac arrest: the Australian experienceRobyn Peters
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Am J Crit Care 16:240-6; quiz 247. 2007..Survival rates after in-hospital cardiac arrest have not improved markedly despite improvements in technology and resuscitation training...
- Education material for heart failure patients: what works and what does not?Mary Boyde
Cardiology Department, Princess Alexandra Hospital, The University of Queensland, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Third Floor, Building One, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, QLD, 4102, Australia
Curr Heart Fail Rep 11:314-20. 2014....
- A clinical development unit in cardiology: the way forwardMary Boyde
Division of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 11:134-9. 2005..These initiatives have been incorporated into staff development learning, enabling the integration of research into practice, which ultimately has a positive impact on patient outcomes...
- Learning style and learning needs of heart failure patients (The Need2Know-HF patient study)Mary Boyde
Princess Alexandra Hospital, The University of Queensland, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Second Floor, Building 15, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, QLD 4102, Australia
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 8:316-22. 2009..Identifying the learning styles and learning needs of heart failure patients is an essential step in developing effective education strategies within these programs...