Jason A Wallis
Affiliation: Box Hill Hospital
- Pre-operative interventions (non-surgical and non-pharmacological) for patients with hip or knee osteoarthritis awaiting joint replacement surgery--a systematic review and meta-analysisJason A Wallis
Physiotherapy Department, Eastern Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:1381-95. 2011..To determine if pre-operative interventions for hip and knee osteoarthritis provide benefit before and after joint replacement...
- A walking program for people with severe knee osteoarthritis did not reduce pain but may have benefits for cardiovascular health: a phase II randomised controlled trialJason A Wallis
School of Allied Health, La Trobe University Department of Physiotherapy, Eastern Health Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage . 2016..The primary aim was to evaluate the effect of a dosed walking program on knee pain for patients with severe knee osteoarthritis (OA). Secondary aims evaluated the effects on cardiovascular health, function and quality of life...
- The maximum tolerated dose of walking for people with severe osteoarthritis of the knee: a phase I trialJ A Wallis
School of Allied Health, La Trobe University, Australia Department of Physiotherapy, Eastern Health, Australia Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 23:1285-93. 2015..To determine how much physical activity, in the form of walking, can be safely and feasibly tolerated for people with severe knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- What proportion of people with hip and knee osteoarthritis meet physical activity guidelines? A systematic review and meta-analysisJ A Wallis
Physiotherapy Department, Eastern Health, Australia School of Allied Health, La Trobe University, Australia Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 21:1648-59. 2013..To determine the proportion of people with hip and knee osteoarthritis that meet physical activity guidelines recommended for adults and older adults...
- A pre-operative group rehabilitation programme provided limited benefit for people with severe hip and knee osteoarthritisJason A Wallis
School of Allied Health, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
Disabil Rehabil 36:2085-90. 2014..To determine if a pre-operative group rehabilitation programme can improve arthritis self-efficacy for people with severe hip and knee osteoarthritis...
- A Prospective Randomized Clinical Trial in Total Hip Arthroplasty-Comparing Early Results Between the Direct Anterior Approach and the Posterior ApproachTze E Cheng
Eastern Health Clinical School, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
J Arthroplasty . 2016..We report a prospective randomized study comparing early clinical results between the direct anterior approach (DAA) and posterior approach (PA) in primary hip arthroplasty...