- Energy intake, ghrelin, and cholecystokinin after different carbohydrate and protein preloads in overweight menJane Bowen
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Human Nutrition, P O Box 10041 BC, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1477-83. 2006..Dietary proteins appear to be more satiating than carbohydrate. The mechanism and effect of protein and carbohydrate type are unclear...
- Appetite regulatory hormone responses to various dietary proteins differ by body mass index status despite similar reductions in ad libitum energy intakeJane Bowen
Department of Human Nutrition, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2913-9. 2006..Although dietary protein produces higher acute satiety relative to carbohydrate, the influence of protein source and body mass index (BMI) has not been clearly described...
- Appetite hormones and energy intake in obese men after consumption of fructose, glucose and whey protein beveragesJ Bowen
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Human Nutrition, Adelaide, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:1696-703. 2007..To investigate appetite responses over 4 h to fructose beverages in obese men, relative to glucose and whey protein. Second, to investigate the effect of combining whey and fructose on postprandial appetite hormones...
- A high dairy protein, high-calcium diet minimizes bone turnover in overweight adults during weight lossJane Bowen
CSIRO Health Sciences and Nutrition, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, 5000
J Nutr 134:568-73. 2004..Combined with reduced urinary calcium excretion, this suggests that a high-protein, calcium-replete diet may protect against bone loss during weight reduction...
- Effects of meals with high soluble fibre, high amylose barley variant on glucose, insulin, satiety and thermic effect of food in healthy lean womenJ B Keogh
Human Nutrition, CSIRO, Adelaide, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:597-604. 2007....
- Effect of calcium and dairy foods in high protein, energy-restricted diets on weight loss and metabolic parameters in overweight adultsJ Bowen
Department of Physiology, JB University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 29:957-65. 2005....