G W Lambert
Affiliation: Baker Heart Research Institute
- Reduced brain norepinephrine and dopamine release in treatment-refractory depressive illness: evidence in support of the catecholamine hypothesis of mood disordersG Lambert
Department of Clinical Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Arch Gen Psychiatry 57:787-93. 2000..The etiology of depressive illness has been linked with brain monoaminergic neuronal dysfunction, yet the development of sensitive markers of endogenous depression has proven difficult...
- Central nervous system norepinephrine metabolism in hypertensionG W Lambert
Human Neurotransmitters Laboratory, Baker Medical Research Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Road Central, Melbourne, Victoria 8008, Australia
Curr Hypertens Rep 2:302-10. 2000....
- Cerebral noradrenaline spillover and its relation to muscle sympathetic nervous activity in healthy human subjectsG W Lambert
Human Autonomic Function Laboratory, Baker Medical Research Institute, Prahran, Vic, Australia
J Auton Nerv Syst 64:57-64. 1997....
- Soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 is reduced in patients with resistant hypertension after renal denervationN Eikelis
Neurovascular Hypertension and Kidney Disease Laboratory, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Hum Hypertens . 2016..Journal of Human Hypertension advance online publication, 8 September 2016; doi:10.1038/jhh.2016.64...
- A polymorphism in the norepinephrine transporter gene is associated with affective and cardiovascular disease through a microRNA mechanismF Z Marques
The Heart Failure Research Group, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Mol Psychiatry . 2016..Molecular Psychiatry advance online publication, 5 April 2016; doi:10.1038/mp.2016.40...
- Ephedrine activates brown adipose tissue in lean but not obese humansA L Carey
Metabolic and Vascular Physiology Laboratory, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Road Central, Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
Diabetologia 56:147-55. 2013..However, cold-induced BAT activation is impaired in obese humans. To explore the therapeutic potential of BAT, it is essential to determine whether pharmacological agents can activate BAT...
- The 'adrenaline hypothesis' of hypertension revisited: evidence for adrenaline release from the heart of patients with essential hypertensionM S Rumantir
Baker Medical Research Institute and Alfred Baker Medical Unit, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Hypertens 18:717-23. 2000....
- Paring down on Descartes: a review of brain noradrenaline and sympathetic nervous functionG W Lambert
Human Neurotransmitter Laboratory, Baker Medical Research Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:979-82. 2001....
- 6B.01: EFFECT OF RENAL DENERVATION ON BLOOD PRESSURE AND MICRORNA 181A IN HYPERTENSIVE SCHLAGER MICEG A Head
1Baker IDI, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA 2Federation University, Ballarat, Australia
J Hypertens 33:e76. 2015..The latter was associated with reduced expression of the renin regulatory micro RNA-181a. We therefore determined the effect of bilateral renal denervation (Rx) on blood pressure in BPH compared to normotensive BPN...
- Effect of sunlight and season on serotonin turnover in the brainG W Lambert
Human Neurotransmitter Laboratory and Alfred and Baker Medical Unit, Baker Heart Research Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Road Central, Victoria 8008, Melbourne, Australia
Lancet 360:1840-2. 2002..294, p=0.010), and rose rapidly with increased luminosity. Our findings are further evidence for the notion that changes in release of serotonin by the brain underlie mood seasonality and seasonal affective disorder...
- Seasonal differences in the effect of isolation and restraint stress on the luteinizing hormone response to gonadotropin-releasing hormone in hypothalamopituitary disconnected, gonadectomized rams and ewesC A Stackpole
Department of Physiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Biol Reprod 69:1158-64. 2003....