Affiliation: ANZDATA Registry
- Indigenous transplant outcomes in Australia: what the ANZDATA Registry tells usStephen McDonald
ANZDATA Registry, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 9:S138-43. 2004..63-2.34) (P <0.001), compared with non-Aboriginal Australians. Despite the advantages in terms of morbidity and quality of life, it remains uncertain whether transplantation offers a mortality advantage among Aboriginal Australians...
- C-reactive protein, cardiovascular risk, and renal disease in a remote Australian Aboriginal communityStephen McDonald
Menzies School of Health Research, Casuarina, Northern Territory 0810, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 106:121-8. 2004..This suggests that a strong focus on prevention and management of infections will be important in reducing these conditions, in addition to interventions directed at more traditional risk factors...
- Factors influencing reported rates of treated end-stage renal diseaseStephen McDonald
Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville, SA 5011, Australia
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 12:32-8. 2005..Although a major contribution comes from increasing disease prevalence, understanding the implications of this increase requires comprehension of a number of other factors...
- Randomized cross-over comparison of intravenous and subcutaneous darbepoetin dosing efficiency in haemodialysis patientsMatthew J Cervelli
Renal Unit and Pharmacy Department, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Health Service, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 10:129-35. 2005..c. and i.v. dosing equivalence, however, no blinded cross-over randomized studies of s.c. and i.v. dose efficiency or intra-patient variability in response have been published...
- Pregnancy and maternal outcomes among kidney transplant recipientsVicki Levidiotis
Australian and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant ANZDATA Registry, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2433-40. 2009..Maternal complications included preeclampsia in 27% and gestational diabetes in 1%. Taken together, these data confirm that a live birth in women with a functioning graft does not have an adverse impact on graft and patient survival...
- Renal disease, the metabolic syndrome, and cardiovascular diseaseWendy E Hoy
Centre for Chronic Disease, Discipline of Medicine, University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston 4029, Australia
Ethn Dis 16:S2-46-51. 2006..To describe the association between renal disease and other features of the metabolic syndrome and its derivative illnesses among Australian Aborigines in remote settings...
- Implementing iron management clinical practice guidelines in patients with chronic kidney disease having dialysisMichelle J Irving
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 185:310-4. 2006..To evaluate the outcomes of and barriers to implementing standard guidelines (Caring for Australasians with renal impairment [CARI]), using iron management in patients having dialysis as an example...