Affiliation: AstraZeneca R and D
- Blood biomarkers and measures of pulmonary function--a study from the Swedish twin registryGunnar Engstrom
AstraZeneca R and D, 43183 Molndal, Sweden
Respir Med 106:1250-7. 2012..There is great need of biomarkers for research and clinical purposes in COPD. This study explored the relationships between ten putative plasma biomarkers of COPD and physiological measures of reduced lung function...
- C-reactive protein, metabolic syndrome and incidence of severe hip and knee osteoarthritis. A population-based cohort studyG Engstrom
AstraZeneca R and D, Lund, Sweden
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 17:168-73. 2009..To explore the relationships between C-reactive protein (CRP), metabolic syndrome (MetS) and incidence of severe knee or hip osteoarthritis (OA) in a prospective study...
- BP variability and cardiovascular autonomic function in relation to forced expiratory volume: a population-based studyGunnar Engstrom
AstraZeneca R and D, 22187 Lund, Sweden
Chest 136:177-83. 2009..This population-based study explored whether low FEV(1) or low vital capacity (VC) is associated with autonomic dysfunction, as measured by spontaneous heart rate variability (HRV) and systolic BP variability (SBPV)...
- Plasma markers of inflammation and incidence of hospitalisations for COPD: results from a population-based cohort studyG Engstrom
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Thorax 64:211-5. 2009..This population-based study explored whether raised levels of five inflammation-sensitive plasma proteins (ISPs) predicted hospital admissions for COPD during 25 years of follow-up...
- Incidence of severe knee and hip osteoarthritis in relation to different measures of body mass: a population-based prospective cohort studyL S Lohmander
Department of Orthopedics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 68:490-6. 2009..To determine in a prospective population-based cohort study relationships between different measures of body mass and the incidence of severe knee and hip osteoarthritis defined as arthroplasty of knee or hip due to osteoarthritis...
- CSF biomarkers in suicide attempters--a principal component analysisD Lindqvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Psychiatry, Psychoimmunology Unit, Lund University Hospital, Kioskgatan 19, Lund, Sweden
Acta Psychiatr Scand 124:52-61. 2011..The objective of the present study was to identify biological patterns (factors) among 20 cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) biomarkers in suicide attempters and subsequently analyse their association with suicidal behaviour...
- Are 25 SNPs from the CARDIoGRAM study associated with ischaemic stroke?H Lovkvist
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 20:1284-91. 2013..Because common vascular risk factors are shared between CAD and ischaemic stroke (IS), these SNPs may also be related to IS overall or one or more of its pathogenetic subtypes...
- Total desmosines in plasma and urine correlate with lung functionC A Lindberg
AstraZeneca R and D, S 221 87 Lund, Sweden
Eur Respir J 39:839-45. 2012..These cross-sectional data showing associations between desmosines and several lung function variables suggest that desmosines, particularly U-desmosines, could be a useful biomarker of COPD status...
- Exome array analysis of ischaemic stroke: results from a southern Swedish studyM Söderholm
Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 23:1722-1728. 2016..Coding variants associated with amino acid substitutions or premature termination of protein synthesis could have a large effect on disease risk. We performed an exome array analysis for ischaemic stroke...
- Risk of haemorrhagic stroke in patients with oral anticoagulation compared with the general populationA Själander
Department of Coagulation Disorders, Malmo University Hospital, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
J Intern Med 254:434-8. 2003..To compare the incidence of haemorrhagic stroke (HS), and the risk of fatal outcome after HS in patients with oral anticoagulation (OA) treatment and in the general population...
- Reduced cerebrospinal HVA concentrations and HVA/5-HIAA ratios in suicide attempters. Monoamine metabolites in 120 suicide attempters and 47 controlsG Engstrom
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 9:399-405. 1999..The results suggest that low HVA levels and altered relationships between the monoamine metabolites are associated with suicidal behaviour...
- Invasive pneumococcal disease in patients with an underlying pulmonary disorderM Inghammar
Section for Infection Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden Section for Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Department of Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 19:1148-54. 2013..Several chronic pulmonary diseases increase the risk of IPD but mortality following IPD seems not to be affected...
- Genetic polymorphisms for estimating risk of atrial fibrillation: a literature-based meta-analysisJ G Smith
Department of Cardiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Intern Med 272:573-82. 2012..Polymorphisms associated with atrial fibrillation (AF) have shown relatively large risk estimates, but the robustness of such estimates across populations and study designs has not been investigated...