E P Gurfinkel
- Nadroparine calcium or enoxaparine in acute coronary syndrome patients suffering renal insufficiency: The nadroparin versus enoxaparin (NaVe) study designEnrique P Gurfinkel
Fundacion Favaloro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thromb J 2:6. 2004..The primary end point is to analyze during the in-hospital stay phase the stability of the anti Xa activity within the therapeutic ranges which will be estimated between 0.5 to 1.0 IU during the first 48 hours...
- Socio economic crisis and mortality. Epidemiological testimony of the financial collapse of ArgentinaEnrique P Gurfinkel
Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Institute, Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thromb J 3:22. 2005..Natural disasters, war, and terrorist attacks, have been linked to cardiac mortality. We sought to investigate whether a major financial crisis may impact on the medical management and outcomes of acute coronary syndromes...
- Two-year follow-up of the FLU Vaccination Acute Coronary Syndromes (FLUVACS) RegistryEnrique P Gurfinkel
Foundation Favaloro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tex Heart Inst J 31:28-32. 2004..05). Influenza vaccination may reduce the risk of death and ischemic events in patients admitted with acute coronary syndromes. There is also a beneficial trend in the quiescent phase of ischemia...
- Flu vaccination in acute coronary syndromes and planned percutaneous coronary interventions (FLUVACS) StudyEnrique P Gurfinkel
Foundation Favaloro, Av Belgrano 1746 1093, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur Heart J 25:25-31. 2004..To determine whether the observed benefits of vaccination against flu were maintained beyond the winter season a 1-year follow-up was conducted...
- Prevention of myocardial infarctionEnrique P Gurfinkel
Institute of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Fundacion Favaloro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Curr Opin Cardiol 21:503-9. 2006..However, most articles are focused categorically on evidence-based medicine and give no room for conceptual analyses. In this article, we attempt to review the main aspects of this theme from a different point of view...
- Invasive vs non-invasive treatment in acute coronary syndromes and prior bypass surgeryEnrique P Gurfinkel
ICyCC Fundación Favaloro, Av Belgrano 1746 1093 Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Cardiol 119:65-72. 2007..We evaluated the association between invasive and non-invasive management and hospital and 6-month outcomes in patients with a prior coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) who experienced an acute coronary syndrome...
- Influenza vaccine pilot study in acute coronary syndromes and planned percutaneous coronary interventions: the FLU Vaccination Acute Coronary Syndromes (FLUVACS) StudyEnrique P Gurfinkel
Fundacion Favaloro, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Circulation 105:2143-7. 2002..We evaluated the preventive impact of vaccination on subsequent ischemic events in myocardial infarction patients and in subjects undergoing planned percutaneous coronary angioplasty...
- Advances in coronary heart disease surgery in Latin AmericaEnrique P Gurfinkel
Institute of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Circulation 115:1147-53. 2007..Since then, improvements in technique and greater experience have resulted in a rapid increase in the rate of interventions performed in the region...
- Presence of vulnerable coronary plaques in middle-aged individuals who suffered a brain deathEnrique Gurfinkel
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine Fundacion Favaloro, and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur Heart J 30:2845-53. 2009..The prevalence and characteristics of these plaques in the middle-aged apparently healthy population are unknown...
- Superiority of enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin for unstable angina/non-Q-wave myocardial infarction regardless of activated partial thromboplastin timeG E Bozovich
Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am Heart J 140:637-42. 2000..Whether the clinical superiority of enoxaparin versus unfractionated heparin (UFH) depends on a more stable antithrombotic effect or the proportion of patients not reaching the therapeutic level with UFH has not been addressed...
- Low-molecular-weight heparin alone versus a combination of unfractionated heparin and low-molecular-weight heparinE P Gurfinkel
Institute of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am Heart J 140:E12-8. 2000..We analyzed the effect of the pharmacologic combination of 2 indirect antithrombin drugs--enoxaparin (low-molecular-weight heparin) and unfractionated heparin--versus enoxaparin alone on the recurrence of ischemia...
- Serum neopterin levels and the angiographic extent of coronary arterial narrowing in unstable angina pectoris and in non-Q-wave acute myocardial infarctionE P Gurfinkel
Favaloro Foundation, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Cardiol 83:515-8. 1999..4807, p = 0.034). This study demonstrates a correlation between immune cell activation and the extent of angiographically determined atherosclerosis and the degree of myocardial ischemia...
- Emerging role of antibiotics in atherosclerosisE P Gurfinkel
Coronary Care Unit, Fundacion Favaloro, Argentina
Am Heart J 138:S537-8. 1999..The ongoing WIZARD trial evaluates in a large population whether the addition of an antibiotic provides better outcome for coronary patients...
- Adherence to evidence-based therapies after discharge for acute coronary syndromes: an ongoing prospective, observational studyKim A Eagle
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Med 117:73-81. 2004..To determine the rates of patient adherence to key evidence-based therapies at 6 months after hospital discharge for an acute coronary syndrome...
- Increasing use of single and combination medical therapy in patients hospitalized for acute myocardial infarction in the 21st century: a multinational perspectiveRobert J Goldberg
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1766-73. 2007..Current practice guidelines recommend the routine use of several effective cardiac medications in hospital survivors of acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Racial differences among high-risk patients presenting with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes (results from the SYNERGY trial)Melvin R Echols
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:315-21. 2007..African-American patients had significantly better adjusted 30-day outcomes but similar 6-month outcomes compared with white patients...
- The role of gender and other factors as predictors of not receiving reperfusion therapy and of outcome in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionMarc Cohen
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, 201 Lyons Avenue, Newark, New Jersey, 07112, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 19:155-61. 2005..We analyzed the impact of gender, and other factors, on the outcome and treatment of STEMI in the TETAMI trial and registry...
- Impact of aspirin on presentation and hospital outcomes in patients with acute coronary syndromes (The Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events [GRACE])Frederick A Spencer
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:1056-61. 2002....
- [Flu vaccination in patients with acute coronary syndromes: treatment benefit in prespecified subgroups]Ricardo Leon de la Fuente
Instituto de Cardiologia y Cirugia Cardiovascular, Fundacion Favaloro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Esp Cardiol 56:949-54. 2003....
- The greatest benefit of enoxaparin over unfractionated heparin in acute coronary syndromes is achieved in patients presenting with ST-segment changes: the Enoxaparin in Non-Q-Wave Coronary Events (ESSENCE) Electrocardiogram Core Laboratory SubstudyShaun G Goodman
Division of Cardiology, Canadian Heart Research Centre, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 151:791-7. 2006....
- The diagnostic and prognostic impact of the redefinition of acute myocardial infarction: lessons from the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE)Shaun G Goodman
Canadian Heart Research Centre, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 151:654-60. 2006..The impact and prognostic value of the redefinition of myocardial infarction (MI) with more sensitive markers have not been evaluated prospectively in a large, less selected population with acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- The safety and efficacy of subcutaneous enoxaparin versus intravenous unfractionated heparin and tirofiban versus placebo in the treatment of acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients ineligible for reperfusion (TETAMI): a randomized trialMarc Cohen
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, New Jersey 07112, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1348-56. 2003....
- Prospective evaluation of clinical outcomes after acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction in patients who are ineligible for reperfusion therapy: preliminary results from the TETAMI registry and randomized trialMarc Cohen
Cardiac Cath Lab Administration, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Newark, NJ 07112, USA
Circulation 108:III14-21. 2003....
- Non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome in patients with renal dysfunction: benefit of low-molecular-weight heparin alone or with glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors on outcomes. The Global Registry of Acute Coronary EventsJean Philippe Collet
Department of Cardiology, Centre Hôpital Pitié Salpêtrière, Bureau 2 236, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 26:2285-93. 2005..To determine whether low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH)+glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa inhibitors provide greater benefit than unfractionated heparin (UFH)+GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors, irrespective of renal status...
- Enoxaparin is superior to unfractionated heparin in patients with ST elevation myocardial infarction undergoing fibrinolysis regardless of the choice of lytic: an ExTRACT-TIMI 25 analysisRoberto R Giraldez
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 350 Longwood Avenue, 1st Floor, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur Heart J 28:1566-73. 2007..We compared outcomes of ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) patients randomized to a strategy of either enoxaparin or unfractionated heparin (UFH) to support fibrinolysis...
- Universal definition of myocardial infarctionKristian Thygesen
Circulation 116:2634-53. 2007
- [Universal definition of the myocardial infarction]Kristian Thygesen
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Dania
Kardiol Pol 66:47-62. 2008
- Suppression of life-threatening tachyarrhyhmias, and atrio-ventricular ischemic block following the administration of anti-inflammatory intravenous drugEnrique P Gurfinkel
Int J Cardiol 114:E56-7. 2007..In the present study, we found that administration of an anti-inflammatory compound (ibuprofen IV) during the electrical storm resulted in an immediate suppression of the threatening arrhythmias...