- Efficacy and safety of oral naltrexone treatment for pruritus of cholestasis, a crossover, double blind, placebo-controlled studyRuben Terg
Unidad de Hepatologia, Hospital de Gastroenterologia Bonorino Udaondo, Escuela de Medicina, Universidad del Salvador, Avenida Caseros, 2061 1264, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Hepatol 37:717-22. 2002..To assess the efficacy and safety of naltrexone for the short and long term treatment of pruritus of cholestasis...
- Ciprofloxacin in primary prophylaxis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis: a randomized, placebo-controlled studyRuben Terg
Unidad de Higado, Hospital de Gastroenterologia Dr Bonorino Udaondo, Sección Hepatología, Avenida Caseros 2061, 1264 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Hepatol 48:774-9. 2008..Until now, primary prophylaxis has not been recommended in these patients. The aim was to investigate the efficacy of long-term administration of ciprofloxacin to prevent SBP...
- Prevalence of primary sclerosing cholangitis in patients with ulcerative colitis and the risk of developing malignancies. A large prospective studyRuben Terg
Liver Unit and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Section, Hospital de Gastroenterología Dr Carlos Bonorino Udaondo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 38:26-33. 2008..However, taking into account that no data are available in South American population, we analyzed the prevalence of PSC in 1,333 patients with UC and the risk for developing colon cancer...
- Serum creatinine and bilirubin predict renal failure and mortality in patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis: a retrospective studyRuben Terg
Hospital de Gastroenterologia Dr Bonorino Udaondo, Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Liver Int 29:415-9. 2009..Intravenous (IV) albumin administration combined with antibiotic treatment has been shown to significantly decrease these risks. Clinical evidence is lacking on which patients are appropriate candidates for albumin treatment...
- Natural history of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: a longitudinal study of repeat liver biopsiesEduardo Fassio
Hepatology Unit, Gastroenterology Service, Hospital Nacional Profesor Alejandro Posadas, El Palomar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hepatology 40:820-6. 2004..In conclusion, progression of liver fibrosis was found in a third of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis patients 4.3 years after the first liver biopsy, and obesity and body mass index were the only associated factors with such progression...
- Comparison of NAFLD fibrosis score and BARD score in predicting fibrosis in nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseGabriela Ruffillo
Liver Unit, Hospital Nacional Profesor Alejandro Posadas, El Palomar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Hepatol 54:160-3. 2011..Two scoring systems, NAFLD fibrosis score and BARD score, were proposed to separate cases with and without severe fibrosis (SF). Our aim was to compare the utility of both scores in patients with biopsy-proven NAFLD...
- Nadolol plus spironolactone in the prophylaxis of first variceal bleed in nonascitic cirrhotic patients: A preliminary studyRaquel Abecasis
Liver Unit, Hospital de Gastroenterología B Udaondo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hepatology 37:359-65. 2003..However, when bleeding and ascites were considered together, the combined therapy effectively reduced the incidence of both portal-hypertensive complications...