- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a new epidemic in childrenMirta Ciocca
Hepatología y trasplante hepático pediátrico, Hospital Aleman, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arch Argent Pediatr 114:563-569. 2016..Although lifestyle and diet modifications are the keys in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease treatment, the development of new drugs may be promising for patients failing first-line therapy...
- [Alagille syndrome]Mirta Ciocca
Hepatología y trasplante hepático pediátrico, Hospital Aleman, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arch Argent Pediatr 110:509-15. 2012..In certain cases, partial external biliary diversion has also proved successful. Liver transplantation is indicated in children with cirrhosis and liver failure...
- [Transient neonatal cholestasis]Mirta Ciocca
Hospital Nacional de Pediatria Prof Dr Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires
Arch Argent Pediatr 109:163-6. 2011....
- [Genetic cholestasis]Mirta Ciocca
Hospital Nacional de Pediatria Prof Dr Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arch Argent Pediatr 107:340-6. 2009..Inborn errors of bile acid synthesis represent a subset of familial intrahepatic cholestasis. Replacement therapy with ursodeoxycholic acid and cholic acid avoids progression of the liver injury...
- Molecular characterization of hepatitis A virus in children with fulminant hepatic failure in ArgentinaMaría Silvina Munné
National Reference Laboratory in Viral Hepatitis, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Liver Int 28:47-53. 2008..Universal vaccination in 1-year-old children was implemented in June 2005. The limited studies about the correlation between the characteristics of the hepatitis A virus (HAV) and FHF have been carried out in adults...
- Clinical implications of hepatitis A virus ribonucleic acid detection and genotyping in acute liver failure in children in ArgentinaJorge S Sasbón
Liver Transplant and Intensive Care Unit, Hospital de Pediatria Dr J P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Crit Care Med 11:385-9. 2010..Hepatitis A infection, a vaccine-preventable disease, is an important cause of acute liver failure in children in Argentina. Universal vaccination in 1-yr-old children was implemented in June 2005...
- [Statement of the Argentinian Concensus on Hepatitis C 2007]Eduardo Fassio
Hospital Nacional Prof Alejandro Posadas, El Palomar, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 38:56-74. 2008
- [Evolution of children one year post liver transplant]Miriam Cuarterolo
Hospital de Pediatria Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires
Medicina (B Aires) 65:402-8. 2005..8%). Social risk did not affect the outcome of our population. The prevention, detection and early treatment of complications in the long-term follow up contributed to improve the outcome...
- [Hepatitis C virus infection in children]Miriam Cuarterolo
Hospital Nacional de Pediatria Prof Dr Juan P Garrahan
Arch Argent Pediatr 109:245-50. 2011..The combination of peginterferon and ribavirin appears to be the most effective treatment. Future challenges are the development of new drugs and a vaccine...
- Follow-up of children with autoimmune hepatitis treated with cyclosporineMiriam Cuarterolo
Gastroenterology Unit, Hospital Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:635-9. 2006....
- [Molecular characterization of hepatitis E virus in three acute liver failure cases in children in Argentina]María Silvina Munné
Laboratorio Nacional de Referencia para Hepatitis Virales, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas, A N L I S C G Malbrán, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 36:125-30. 2006....
- Cholestasis, sclerosing cholangitis, and liver transplantation in Langerhans cell HistiocytosisJorge Braier
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hospital Nacional de Pediatria Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:178-82. 2002..To analyze features and outcomes of cholestasis, sclerosing cholangitis (SC), and liver transplantation (LTx) in patients with Langerhans cell Histiocytosis (LCH) between October 1987 and June 1999...
- Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Treated With Peginterferon and Ribavirin for Hepatitis C Virus InfectionBarbara Haber
Clinical Research Department, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Kenilworth, NJ Ann and Robert H Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL Hepatologia Infantil, El Hospital de Niños Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX Pediatric Hepatology and Liver Transplant Section, German Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina Service de Gastroentérologie Hépatologie Nutrition pédiatriques, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France Chefarzt der Klinik für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Kindergastroenterologe, Neonatologe, Klinikum Starnberg, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munchen, Germany Hospital de Niños Sor Maria Ludovica de La Plata, La Plata, Argentina Center for Liver Diseases, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA Chesterbrook, PA Merck and Co, Inc, North Wales, PA Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ Winter Park, FL
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 64:89-94. 2017..The aim of the study was to describe the 5-year follow-up of children who received peginterferon and ribavirin in a global, open-label study...
- Hepatitis A as an etiologic agent of acute liver failure in Latin AmericaMirta Ciocca
Hospital Nacional de Pediatria Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:711-5. 2007..This prospective, multicenter study examined the importance of hepatitis viruses as etiological agents of acute liver failure (ALF) and the outcome of ALF cases in Latin American children and adolescents...
- Alagille syndrome: cutaneous manifestations in 38 childrenMaria Amelia Garcia
Dermatology Department, Posadas Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Dermatol 22:11-4. 2005..Liver transplantation was performed in seven of the patients (18.4%). Two of them died after this operation. The disappearance of xanthomas after transplantation was remarkable in all of the patients...
- Mortality risk score in liver transplantation: changes over time in its predicting powerMariana Del Pino
Growth and Development, Hospital de Pediatria JP Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Transplant 10:466-73. 2006..The description of a method utilized to design the risk score, changes in mortality rate over 12 yr and the analysis of factors that might have influenced these changes are presented and discussed in this paper...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular function in prepubertal children with chronic liver diseaseElisa Vaiani
Investigación Hospital de Pediatría Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:289-95. 2002..Furthermore, the lack of SHBG decrease and bioavailable testosterone increase with age, probably modulated by GH, suggests some degree of hepatic GH resistance in prepubertal patients with CLD...