- [Use of growth hormone in children and adolescents]Ignacio Bergada
Division de Endocrinologia, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 73:272-6. 2013..Regarding new indications to improve height in children, data on efficacy remains controversial, so we believe their ultimate indication must take into account potential risk versus benefits of this treatment...
- Latin American consensus: children born small for gestational ageMargaret C S Boguszewski
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital de Clinicas, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 11:66. 2011..Leading experts in pediatric endocrinology throughout Latin America established working groups in order to discuss key challenges regarding the evaluation and management of children born SGA and ultimately develop a consensus statement...
- Familial occurrence of the IMAGe association: additional clinical variants and a proposed mode of inheritanceIgnacio Bergada
Hospital de Niños R Gutiérrez, Division de Endocrinologia, Gallo 1330, Buenos Aires 1425, Argentina
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3186-90. 2005....
- Seminiferous tubule function in delayed-onset X-linked adrenal hypoplasia congenita associated with incomplete hypogonadotrophic hypogonadismIgnacio Bergada
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinológicas and División de Endocrinología, Hospital de Niños R Gutiérrez, C1425EFD Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:240-6. 2008..Clinical variants with delayed-onset have been recognized. The objective of this study is to assess Sertoli cell function throughout pubertal development in patients with childhood-onset AHC due to stop mutations in the DAX-1 gene...
- [Growth hormone treatment in younger than six years of age short children born small for gestational age]Ignacio Bergada
Hospital de Niños Dr R Gutiérrez
Arch Argent Pediatr 107:410-6. 2009..Approximately 10% of children born small for gestational age (SGA) do not show spontaneous catch-up growth...
- Peripheral venous thrombosis in children and adolescents with adipsic hypernatremia secondary to hypothalamic tumorsIgnacio Bergada
Division de Endocrinologia, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Horm Res 61:108-10. 2004..To determine the clinical presentation and laboratory follow-up in patients with the syndrome of adipsic hypernatremia complicated with a peripheral thrombosis event...
- Time course of the serum gonadotropin surge, inhibins, and anti-Müllerian hormone in normal newborn males during the first month of lifeIgnacio Bergada
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas, Division de Endocrinologia, Hospital de Niños R Gutiérrez, Gallo 1330, C1425EFD Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4092-8. 2006..Newborns with ambiguous genitalia or males with nonpalpable gonads usually require an early assessment of the presence and functional state of testicular tissue...
- Sertoli cell markers in the diagnosis of paediatric male hypogonadismRomina P Grinspon
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas CEDIE, CONICET, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 25:3-11. 2012..In conclusion, measurement of serum AMH and inhibin B is helpful in assessing testicular function, without need for stimulation tests, and orientates the aetiological diagnosis of paediatric male hypogonadism...
- Altered serum profile of inhibin B, Pro-alphaC and anti-Müllerian hormone in prepubertal and pubertal boys with varicoceleRomina V Trigo
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas CEDIE, Hospital de Niños R Gutiérrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 60:758-64. 2004..The aim of the present study was to assess the functional state of Sertoli cells in order to detect early changes in the testicular function of prepubertal and pubertal patients with untreated grade II or III varicocele...
- Are Klinefelter boys hypogonadal?Rodolfo A Rey
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas, Division de Endocrinologia, Hospital de Niños R Gutiérrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acta Paediatr 100:830-8. 2011..Sertoli cell products AMH and inhibin B are normal in prepubertal boys and only decline during mid- to late puberty...
- Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism in Infants with Congenital Hypopituitarism: A Challenge to Diagnose at an Early StageDébora Braslavsky
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinolx00F3 gicas x2018 Dr Cx00E9 sar Bergadx00E1 CEDIE, Divisix00F3 n de Endocrinologx00ED a, Hospital de Nix00F1 os Ricardo Gutix00E9 rrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Horm Res Paediatr 84:289-97. 2015..The postnatal gonadotropic surge provides a useful period to explore the gonadotropic axis for assessing the presence of congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (CHH)...
- Assessment of Estradiol Response after Depot Triptorelin Administration in Girls with Central Precocious PubertyAnalía Verónica Freire
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinolx00F3 gicas x2018 Dr Cx00E9 sar Bergadx00E1 CEDIE, CONICET FEI Divisix00F3 n de Endocrinologx00ED a, Hospital de Nix00F1 os x2018 Ricardo Gutix00E9 rrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Horm Res Paediatr 85:58-64. 2016..Estradiol at baseline or after a classical gonadotropin-releasing hormone test did not reflect ovarian steroidogenesis in central precocious puberty (CPP) girls...
- Predicting hypocalcemia after thyroidectomy in childrenAnalía Verónica Freire
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinológicas Dr César Bergadá CEDIE, CONICET FEI División de Endocrinología, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina Electronic address
Surgery 156:130-6. 2014..We evaluated the diagnostic accuracy of intra- and postoperative PTH to predict the risk of developing post thyroidectomy hypocalcemia in children...
- Establishment of testicular endocrine function impairment during childhood and puberty in boys with Klinefelter syndromeMaría Gabriela Bastida
División de Endocrinología and Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinológicas, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 67:863-70. 2007..Design Retrospective chart review. Patients A total of 29 boys with Klinefelter syndrome with up to 12.3 years follow-up...
- Type IA isolated growth hormone deficiency (IGHD) consistent with compound heterozygous deletions of 6.7 and 7.6 Kb at the GH1 gene locusAna Keselman
Division Endocrinologia, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 56:558-63. 2012..7 or the 7.6 Kb deletions. We have characterized type IA IGHD caused by two different GH1 gene deletions, suggesting that this condition should be considered in severe IGHD, even in non-consanguineous families...
- High serum concentrations of dimeric inhibins A and B in normal newborn girlsIgnacio Bergada
Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas, R Gutierrez Hospital de Niños, Gallo 1330, 1425 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fertil Steril 77:363-5. 2002..To establish the serum pattern of dimeric inhibins in normal girls during the newborn period and to examine its relationship with the postnatal gonadotropic surge...
- Exome sequencing identifies a novel homozygous mutation in the phosphate transporter SLC34A1 in hypophosphatemia and nephrocalcinosisAbbhirami Rajagopal
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics A R, D L, R G, P C, B L, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030 Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinológicas Dr César Bergadá CEDIE D B, F C, H C, I B, CONICET FEI División de Endocrinología, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, C1425FD Buenos Aires, Argentina Human Genome Sequencing Center J T L, R G, Department of Structural and Computational Biology and Molecular Biophysics J T L, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 Unidad de Metabolismo S K, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, C1425FD Buenos Aires, Argentina Unidad de Nefrología J M L, G V, Hospital de Ninos Ricardo Gutierrez, C1425FD Buenos Aires, Argentina Howard Hughes Medical Institute B L, Houston, Texas 77030
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E2451-6. 2014..Two Argentinean siblings (a boy and a girl) from a nonconsanguineous family presented with hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, hypophosphatemia, low parathyroid hormone (PTH), and nephrocalcinosis...
- High diagnostic accuracy of subcutaneous Triptorelin test compared with GnRH test for diagnosing central precocious puberty in girlsAnalía Verónica Freire
Hospital de Niños Dr Ricardo Gutierrez, Division de Endocrinologia, Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas CEDIE, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 78:398-404. 2013..Diagnostic accuracy of subcutaneous GnRH analogues tests compared to classical GnRH test has not been reported...
- Neonatal cholestasis in congenital pituitary hormone deficiency and isolated hypocortisolism: characterization of liver dysfunction and follow-upDébora Braslavsky
Division de Endocrinologia, Centro de Investigaciones Endocrinologicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 55:622-7. 2011..Neonatal cholestasis due to endocrine diseases is infrequent and poorly recognized. Referral to the pediatric endocrinologist is delayed...
- Low risk of impaired testicular Sertoli and Leydig cell functions in boys with isolated hypospadiasRodolfo A Rey
CEDIE, Hospital de Niños R Gutiérrez, Gallo 1330, C1425EFD Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6035-40. 2005..Isolated hypospadias may result from impaired testicular function or androgen end-organ defects or, alternatively, from hormone-independent abnormalities of morphogenetic events responsible for urethral seam...