- Effect of Larrea divaricata Cav. extract and nordihydroguaiaretic acid upon peroxidase secretion in rat submandibulary glandsClaudia Anesini
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pharmacol Res 49:441-8. 2004..44 +/- 0.03; NDGA 2.5 x 10(-6) M: 0.20 +/- 0.02; prostaglandins E2 (PGE2) 10(-7)M: 1.32 +/- 0.5; NDGA + PGE2: 0.46 +/- 0.035), an effect that was exerted by the inhibition on prostaglandins synthesis...
- "In vivo" murine macrophages activation by a dichloromethane extract of Tilia x viridisRoberto Davicino
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 32:473-80. 2010..These results suggest that the modulation activity exerted by the extract on immune system cells could be an important mechanism to acquire resistance to tumors and infectious diseases...
- Peroxidase secretion in rat submandibular glands induced by PGE2: role of cAMP and nitric oxideC Anesini
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET and Pharmacognosy Unit, University of Buenos Aires, Junin 956 2 do piso CP 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 74:303-8. 2006..This could imply that prostaglandins play a modulatory role in diseases where free radicals are involved...
- Modulatory effect of hydrogen peroxide on tumoral lymphocytes proliferationRoberto Davicino
IQUIMEFA Institute of Chemical and Metabolism of Drugs, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 31:130-9. 2009..The high proliferation was associated with a low level of H2O2 related to a low SOD and a high PER activities. Drugs capable of producing an increase in H2O2 levels could be used in cancer...
- Antiproliferative activity of Larrea divaricata Cav. on lymphoma cell line: participation of hydrogen peroxide in its actionRoberto Davicino
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Universidad de Buenos Aires UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cancer Invest 28:13-22. 2010..New drugs, which can increase H2O2, could be a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of cancer...
- Tilia cordata Mill. Extracts and scopoletin (isolated compound): differential cell growth effects on lymphocytesMaria Laura Barreiro Arcos
Centro de Estudios Farmacológicos y Botánicos CEFYBO CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phytother Res 20:34-40. 2006..A coumarin (scopoletin), the main component in the dichloromethane extract presented antiproliferative action on BW 5147 cells, suggesting that it may be at least partly responsible for the activity displayed by this extract...
- Hormonal influence on expression and functionality of alpha1-adrenoceptor in rat submandibular glandClaudia Anesini
Pharmacology Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Auton Neurosci 103:13-8. 2003....
- Effect of caffeine on the secretion of peroxidase in rat submandibular gland: a study of its mechanism of actionSebastian Turner
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Junin 956 2 do Piso, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arch Oral Biol 54:179-84. 2009..In this work, we analysed the mechanism of action of caffeine on peroxidase secretion in the female rat submandibular gland. The signaling molecules cAMP and nitric oxide were monitored as potential mediators...
- Effect of Ilex extracts and isolated compounds on peroxidase secretion of rat submandibulary glandsRosana Filip
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, Junin 956 2 do piso CP 1113, UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Food Chem Toxicol 45:649-55. 2007..98+/-0.37; caffeic acid: 0.020+/-0.003, caffeine: 0.70+/-0.06. Caffeine and chlorogenic acid were proved to play an important role in the induction of peroxidase secretion induced by the extracts...
- Effect of Tilia x viridis flower extract on the proliferation of a lymphoma cell line and on normal murine lymphocytes: contribution of monoterpenes, especially limoneneMaria Gabriela Manuele
Instituto de la Química y Metabolismo del Fármaco, CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phytother Res 22:1520-6. 2008..0%; 20 microg/mL: 38.5 +/- 2.5%; L 40 microg/mL: 41 +/- 0.9%; L 60 microg/mL: 58.5 +/- 3%. T. x viridis may thus constitute a potential source of monoterpenes with immunomodulatory activity...
- Limonene exerts antiproliferative effects and increases nitric oxide levels on a lymphoma cell line by dual mechanism of the ERK pathway: relationship with oxidative stressMaria Gabriela Manuele
IQUIMEFA CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cancer Invest 28:135-45. 2010..Both mechanisms were related to the increase in total nitrites, and the production of oxidative stress intermediates was involved...
- Comparative immunomodulatory effect of scopoletin on tumoral and normal lymphocytesMaria Gabriela Manuele
IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, Junin 956 2 do piso CP 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Life Sci 79:2043-8. 2006..86+/-0.08); this stimulatory action was found to be due to the interaction with kinase C (PKC) protein. These results indicate that scopoletin could be a potential antitumoral compound to be used for cancer treatment...
- Altered beta-adrenoceptor function associated to protein kinase C activation in hyperproliferative T lymphocytesG A Cremaschi
Centro de Estudios Farmacologicos y Botanicos CEFYBO, CONICET, Serrano 669, 1414, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Neuroimmunol 110:57-65. 2000..The coupling of the remaining sites to a positive signal for cellular activation, would contribute to establish an hyperproliferative state...
- Modulatory effect of the adrenergic system upon fibroblast proliferation: participation of beta 3-adrenoceptorsC Anesini
Pharmacology Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Marcelo T de Alvear 2142 1122, Capitol Federal Buenos Aires, Argentina
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 22:177-86. 2002..The mechanism by which ZD 7114 triggers cell proliferation and function, involves the activation of phospholipase C, PKC, calcium/calmodulin and the influx of calcium...
- Antioxidant activity of limonene on normal murine lymphocytes: relation to H2O2 modulation and cell proliferationDavicino Roberto
IQUIMEFA CONICET, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 106:38-44. 2010....
- Antifungal activity of the aqueous extract of Ilex paraguariensis against Malassezia furfurRosana Filip
Instituto de Química y Metabolismo del Fármaco IQUIMEFA UBA CONICET, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phytother Res 24:715-9. 2010..furfur. This antimalassezial activity was equivalent to 2.7 microg/ml of ketoconazole. Therefore, the topical use of Ilex paraguariensis extract as alternative antifungal agent can be suggested...
- Mechanism of the antiproliferative action of limonene on a lymphoma cell line: participation of nitric oxide. antiproliferative action of limonene on a lymphoma cell lineMaria Gabriela Manuele
IQUIMEFA CONICET, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, UBA, Junin 956 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phytother Res 23:1011-7. 2009..At short times and depending on its concentration, limonene arrested cells in different phases of the cell cycle, related to NO production...
- Total polyphenol content and antioxidant capacity of commercially available tea (Camellia sinensis) in ArgentinaClaudia Anesini
Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Agric Food Chem 56:9225-9. 2008..The results obtained herein allow one to conclude that Argentine tea is of very good quality when compared to teas from other sources...