- [Alcohol consumption in the emergency room]Ethel Alderete
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas CONICET, San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina
Medicina (B Aires) 68:31-6. 2008..Alcoholism has a significant impact on the occurrence of injuries and on the demand imposed on health services. Prevention programs can potentially reduce the negative health and social impact of alcoholism...
- [Problems related to alcohol drinking among youth in Jujuy, Argentina]Ethel Alderete
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Argentina
Salud Publica Mex 50:300-7. 2008..To examine drinking patterns and alcohol-related problems among youth in Jujuy, Argentina...
- Ceremonial tobacco use in the Andes: implications for smoking prevention among indigenous youthEthel Alderete
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad Nacional de Jujuy and Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnologia Regional, Argentina
Anthropol Med 17:27-39. 2010..The research methods also have the potential for generalized application in cross-cultural studies of health behaviours in understudied populations in middle and low-income countries...
- Smoking and exposure to racial insults among multiethnic youth in Jujuy, ArgentinaEthel Alderete
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología Regional, Universidad Nacional de Jujuy, Jujuy, Argentina
Cancer Causes Control 23:37-44. 2012..Exposure to racial insults among youth in Jujuy, Argentina, was examined as a factor associated with smoking behavior...
- Effect of appreciation for Indigenous cultures and exposure to racial insults on alcohol and drug use initiation among multiethnic Argentinean youthEthel Alderete
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad Nacional de Jujuy, and Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología Regional ICTER, Argentina
Prev Med 85:60-8. 2016..This study evaluated the effect of factors reflecting appreciation of Indigenous culture and racial insults on alcohol and drug use initiation among multi-ethnic youth in Jujuy, Argentina...
- Effectiveness of an Intervention to Teach Physicians How to Assist Patients to Quit Smoking in ArgentinaRaul Mejia
Department of Medicine, Centro de Estudios de Estado y Sociedad CEDES, Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina Department of Medicine, Program in General Internal Medicine, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nicotine Tob Res 18:1101-9. 2016..We evaluated an intervention to teach physicians how to help their smoking patients quit compared to usual care in Argentina...
- Smoking behavior and ethnicity in Jujuy, Argentina: evidence from a low-income youth sampleEthel Alderete
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas CONICET, Argentina
Subst Use Misuse 44:632-46. 2009..These results underscore the importance of social and cultural diversity aspects of the global tobacco epidemic...