- Repair of partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection in the Scimitar syndrome using vacuum-assisted venous drainage
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Unit, Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Heart Hospital, G M Tuscany Foundation, Massa, Italy
J Card Surg 27:618-20. 2012
..Surgical procedures to correct SS often require circulatory arrest. We describe a method to avoid circulatory arrest using vacuum-assisted venous drainage...
- Custodiol Solution and Cold Blood Cardioplegia in Arterial Switch Operation: Retrospective Analysis in a Single Center
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Tuscany Foundation G Monasterio, Massa, MS, Italy
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 64:53-8. 2016
..In our experience this strategy seems warranted to simplify the procedure and to be more comfortable for the surgeon. ..
- Supra-annular mitral valve implantation in very small children
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, The Heart Hospital, Tuscany Foundation Gabriele Monasterio, Massa, Italy
J Card Surg 30:185-9. 2015
..Mitral valve replacement (MVR) is a surgical option when mitral valvuloplasty is not feasible/successful. This study reviews our experience with MVR in very young children...
- V-shape reduction plasty to reduce the neoaortic root-ascending aorta discrepancy in children undergoing arterial switch operation
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Heart Hospital, G Monasterio Foundation, National Institute of Research, Massa, Italy
J Card Surg 29:410-2. 2014
..At follow-up aortic regurgitation remains stable in all patients and no supra-aortic obstruction and/or neoaortic root dilatation were observed...
- The combined use of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin and brain natriuretic peptide improves risk stratification in pediatric cardiac surgery
Fondazione Toscana G Monasterio, Massa, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:2009-17. 2012
- Successful simultaneous correction of complex congenital tracheal stenosis and tetralogy of fallot
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Unit, Heart Hospital, G M Tuscany Foundation, CNR, Massa, Italy
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 3:511-4. 2012
..The implications of the operative and postoperative courses, concerning both the cardiac anomaly and the tracheal anomaly are discussed. ..
- Aortic arch reconstruction in newborns with an autologous pericardial patch: contemporary results
Department of Congenital Heart Disease, Ospedale Del Cuore Fondazione G Monasterio, Massa, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 16:282-5. 2013
..We report our experience using autologous pericardium to reconstruct the aortic arch in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome, aortic arch interruption and hypoplastic aortic arch...
- Surgical closure of big pulmonary artery-left atrial fistula
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Hospital of the Heart G Pasquinucci, Massa, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:113-4. 2010
..Although transcatheter therapy would be preferred as a treatment of PALAF, the lesion, which was 20 mm in diameter and almost totally shunting the right main pulmonary artery, it was decided to treat by surgical approach...
- Surgical closure of PDA in low-weight premature infants
U O Cardiochirurgia Pediatrica, Ospedale G Pasquinucci, Fondazione G Monasterio, Massa, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:81-4. 2009
..Cyclooxygenase inhibitors are used for ductal closure. If the medical treatment fails, the PDA can be legated surgically. We present our experience, since 2006, on PDA surgical closure...