- Medical philately (medical personalities on stamps)
V K Sashindran
Department of Medicine, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
J Assoc Physicians India 52:326. 2004
- Role of early trabeculectomy in primary open-angle glaucoma in the developing world
Dr RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Eye (Lond) 21:40-5. 2007
- Association analysis of CAG repeats at the KCNN3 locus in Indian patients with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Am J Med Genet 96:744-8. 2000
..Am. J. Med. Genet. (Neuropsychiatr. Genet.) 96:744-748, 2000...
- Mutational screening of the parkin gene among South Indians with early onset Parkinson's disease
R H Madegowda
Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit, Jawaharla Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:1588-90. 2005
..This is the first report of parkin mutations from India and the first report from a non-white, non-oriental population of early onset PD...
- Medical philately (medical personalities on stamps)--Dr. Dwarkanath Kotnis
V P Singh
Dept of Medicine, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune 411 040
J Assoc Physicians India 53:33. 2005
- Absence of GABRA1 Ala322Asp mutation in juvenile myoclonic epilepsy families from India
Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur, Bangalore 560 064, India
J Genet 82:17-21. 2003
..44, d.f. = 1, P = 0.0007), suggesting genetic association between JME and genes located in the proximity of the DNA marker...
- Clinical characteristics of a South Indian cohort of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy probands
R Madhavan Nair Center for Comprehensive Epilepsy Care, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, India
Seizure 12:490-6. 2003
- Molecular analysis of Huntington's disease and linked polymorphisms in the Indian population
Functional Genomics Unit, Centre for Biochemical Technology CSIR, Mall Road, Delhi, India
Acta Neurol Scand 108:281-6. 2003
..To understand the population variation and haplotypes of Huntington's disease (HD) in India we have analysed CAG repeats at the HD locus together with closely linked polymorphisms in both HD patients and normal controls...
- Genetic association analysis of KCNQ3 and juvenile myoclonic epilepsy in a South Indian population
Department of Neurology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, India
Hum Genet 113:461-3. 2003
..Our results provide suggestive evidence of allelic association between JME and KCNQ3 ( P-value=0.008) and raise an interesting possibility of a genetic contribution to JME, viz., of a gene that causes a monogenic form of human epilepsy...
- Contribution of connexin26 (GJB2) mutations and founder effect to non-syndromic hearing loss in India
Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, India
J Med Genet 40:e68. 2003
- A clinical study of patients with genetically confirmed Huntington's disease from India
U A Murgod
Department of Neurology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Hosur Road, 560 029, Bangalore, India
J Neurol Sci 190:73-8. 2001
..We observed a slightly higher occurrence of Juvenile HD. Functional disabilities in our patients correlate with worsening of motor rather than behavioral symptoms...
- Nitroprusside and ECS-induced retrograde amnesia
Department of Pharmacology, St. John's Medical College, Bangalore, India
J ECT 17:41-4. 2001
..Nitric oxide mechanisms may underlie the benefits purveyed by nitroprusside...
- Risk factors for perforation in microbial corneal ulcers in north India
J S Titiyal
Medical Services Directorate, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 90:686-9. 2006
..To identify predisposing factors leading to corneal perforation in patients with microbial keratitis...