Guang ming Dai
Affiliation: AMO Groningen
- Nonrecursive determination of orthonormal polynomials with matrix formulationGuang ming Dai
AMO Laser Vision Correction Group, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
Opt Lett 32:74-6. 2007..The determination of the orthonormal hexagonal polynomials is demonstrated as an example of the matrix approach...
- Zernike aberration coefficients transformed to and from Fourier series coefficients for wavefront representationGuang ming Dai
AMO Laser Vision Correction Group, Home of VISX Technology, 3400 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
Opt Lett 31:501-3. 2006..With iterative Fourier reconstruction, Zernike representations of wavefront aberrations can easily be obtained from wavefront derivative measurements...
- Wavefront expansion basis functions and their relationshipsGuang ming Dai
Advanced Medical Optics, Laser Vision Correction Group, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:1657-68. 2006..Some analytical and numerical examples are given to demonstrate conversion of coefficients of different basis function sets...
- Zernike annular polynomials and atmospheric turbulenceGuang ming Dai
AMO Laser Vision Correction Group, Santa Clara, CA 90245, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:139-55. 2007..Special cases of long- and short-exposure images are also considered. The results for systems with a circular pupil are obtained as a special case of the annular pupil...
- Wavefront propagation from one plane to another with the use of Zernike polynomials and Taylor monomialsGuang ming Dai
Advanced Medical Optics, LVC Group, 510 Cottonwood Drive, Milpitas, California 95035, USA
Appl Opt 48:477-88. 2009..This new approach could be of major significance in calculating wavefront-driven vision correction whether by refractive surgery, contact lenses, intraocular lenses, or spectacles...
- Orthonormal polynomials in wavefront analysis: error analysisGuang ming Dai
Laser Vision Correction Group, Advanced Medical Optics, Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
Appl Opt 47:3433-45. 2008..We also analyze the error that arises if Zernike polynomials are used for noncircular pupils by treating them as circular pupils and illustrate it with numerical examples...
- Comparison of wavefront reconstructions with Zernike polynomials and Fourier transformsGuang ming Dai
VISX Incorporated, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
J Refract Surg 22:943-8. 2006..To make a direct comparison between Fourier and Zernike reconstructions of ocular wavefronts using a newly available analytical theory by which Fourier coefficients can be converted to Zernike coefficients and vice versa...
- Optical surface optimization for the correction of presbyopiaGuang ming Dai
VISX, Inc, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Appl Opt 45:4184-95. 2006..A corrective surface was created by employing an iterative function minimization algorithm to optimize an optical metric. In most cases, it is possible to obtain an optical surface that will optically compensate for presbyopia...
- System performance evaluation of refractive surgical lasers: a mathematical approachGuang ming Dai
VISX Inc, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
Appl Opt 45:2124-34. 2006..This system-level analysis can be helpful to the improvement of both laser systems...
- Scaling Zernike expansion coefficients to smaller pupil sizes: a simpler formulaGuang ming Dai
VISX Inc, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:539-43. 2006..In the current paper I describe a more intuitive derivation of a simpler, nonrecursive formula, which is used to calculate the instantaneous refractive power...
- Theoretical analysis for spherical aberration induction with low-order correction in refractive surgeryGuang ming Dai
Abbott Medical Optics, Milpitas, California 95035, USA
Appl Opt 51:3966-76. 2012....
- Orthonormal polynomials for hexagonal pupilsVirendra N Mahajan
The Aerospace Corporation, 2350 East El Sugundo Boulevard, El Sugundo, CA 90245, USA
Opt Lett 31:2462-4. 2006..We show how the orthonormal coefficients are related to the corresponding Zernike coefficients for a hexagonal pupil and emphasize that it is the former that should be used for any quantitative wavefront analysis for such a pupil...
- Orthonormal polynomials in wavefront analysis: analytical solutionVirendra N Mahajan
The Aerospace Corporation, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:2994-3016. 2007..The orthonormal polynomials for a one-dimensional slit pupil are obtained as a limiting case of a rectangular pupil...