- Intravenous gamma globulin is effective as an urgent treatment in Brucella-induced severe thrombocytopenic purpura
Department of Hematology, Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Hematol 80:204-6. 2005
..For cases of Brucella-induced thrombocytopenic purpura, IVIg may be administered as an urgent therapy until the microbial therapy takes effect...
- Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease: a rare but important cause of fever and lymphadenopathy in pregnant women
Department of Hematology Oncology, Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine, Dedeman Oncology Hospital, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Hematol 81:118-20. 2006
..The patient carried the fetus to full term with no apparent adverse effect. Our experience showed that steroid therapy may be used effectively to control KFD-related symptoms after the first 16 weeks without terminating the pregnancy...
- Severe thrombotic microangiopathy associated with brucellosis: successful treatment with plasmapheresis
Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine, Dedeman Hematology Oncology Hospital and Department of Hematology Oncology, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 11:105-8. 2005
..For cases with infection-induced thrombotic microangiopathy, short-term plasmapheresis may be applied as an urgent therapy in addition to antimicrobial therapy...
- Catheter-related bacteremia due to Kocuria rosea in a patient undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Department of Hematology Oncology and BMT Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
BMC Infect Dis 4:62. 2004
..In addition, strains identified as Micrococcus spp. have been reported recently in infections associated with indwelling intravenous lines, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis fluids, ventricular shunts and prosthetic valves...
- Therapeutic plasma exchange for the treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a retrospective multicenter study
Erciyes University, Department of Hematology and Hemapheresis Unit, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 36:57-67. 2007
..Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a rare disease that is fatal if it is not treated. Therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) has resulted in excellent remission and survival rates in TTP patients...
- Prognostic significance of Fas (CD95/APO-1) positivity in patients with primary nodal diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
Department of Hematology Oncology, Erciyes University School of Medicine, M K Dedeman Oncology Hospital, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Hematol 81:307-14. 2006
..Immunohistochemical Fas positivity was a favorable prognostic factor for complete remission and overall and progression-free survival in primary nodal diffuse large B-cell lymphoma...
- A multicenter retrospective study defining the clinical and hematological manifestations of brucellosis and pancytopenia in a large series: Hematological malignancies, the unusual cause of pancytopenia in patients with brucellosis
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Am J Hematol 83:334-9. 2008
- Disturbance of pro-oxidative/antioxidative balance in allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Department of Hematology, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, TR 20070, Denizli, Turkey
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:120-5. 2008
..This study documents a significant disturbance of pro-oxidative/antioxidative balance in the plasma of patients undergoing allogeneic HSCT regardless of the intensity of the conditioning regimen...
- The role of plasma exchange in HELLP syndrome
Department of Hematology, Erciyes University School of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 11:211-7. 2005
..This study showed that postpartum early plasma exchange therapy improves treatment outcomes in patients with severe HELLP syndrome...
- Clinicopathologic characteristics and therapeutic outcomes of primary gastrointestinal non-Hodgkin's lymphomas in central Anatolia, in Turkey
Department of Hematology Oncology, Erciyes University School of Medicine, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Yonsei Med J 47:22-33. 2006
- The effect of budesonide mouthwash on oral chronic graft versus host disease
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, M K Dedeman Oncology Hospital, Erciyes University, Cappadoccia Transplant Center, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Hematol 82:349-56. 2007
..091). No major systemic side effects and oral candidiasis were observed in two groups of patients. We concluded that topical budesonide might be added to systemic therapy to obtain better response rates in patients with oral cGHVD...
- Expression of WT1 gene in multiple myeloma patients at diagnosis: is WT1 gene expression a useful marker in multiple myeloma?
Department of Medical Genetics, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Hematology 15:39-42. 2010
..On this basis WT1 expression analyses is unlikely to be a useful genetic marker for routine clinical use in multiple myeloma patients at diagnosis...
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia associated with brucellosis in two patients with fever and pancytopenia
Department of Hematology Oncology, Dedeman Oncology Hospital, Erciyes University School of Medicine, 38039, Kayseri, Turkey
Yonsei Med J 47:741-4. 2006
..The first patient is in complete remission; the other recovered from the brucellosis, but later died due to a leukemic relapse...
- Factors affecting survival in acute leukemia with donor lymphocyte infusion in the first relapse after allogeneic stem cell transplantation
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
J BUON 21:227-34. 2016
..The current study evaluated the factors affecting overall survival (OS) in allo-SCT patients who received DLI after the first relapse...
- An unusual case of acute brucellosis presenting with Coombs-positive autoimmune hemolytic anemia
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizi, Turkey
Intern Med 47:1043-5. 2008
..Therefore, the differential diagnosis of Coombs-positive autoimmune hemolytic anemia should include brucellosis, especially in areas where the disease is endemic...
- Therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with neurologic diseases: retrospective multicenter study
Erciyes Medical School, Department of Hematology and Apheresis Unit, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 38:109-15. 2008
..Mild and manageable complications such as hypotension and hypocalcemia were also observed. TPE may be preferable for controlling symptoms of neuroimmunological disorders in early stage of the disease, especially with GBS...
- Therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a retrospective multicenter study
Cumhuriyet University, Department of Hematology, Sivas, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 48:353-8. 2013
..Daily sessions of therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) remain the basis of management of TTP. Also, TTP is a rare disease that is fatal if it is not treated. TPE has resulted in excellent remission and survival rates in TTP patients...
- Overexpression of cyclooxygenase-2 in multiple myeloma: association with reduced survival
Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine, Dedeman Hospital, Department of Hematology Oncology, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Hematol 80:169-73. 2005
..Potent, specific COX-2 inhibitors showing evident antiangiogenic and antitumor effects on cancers could provide new therapeutic strategies in the treatment of MM...
- Comparison of the Fenwal Amicus and Fresenius Com.Tec cell separators for autologous peripheral blood progenitor cell collection
Erciyes Medical School, Department of Hematology and Apheresis Unit, Kayseri 38039, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 36:159-67. 2007
..028). In conclusion, both instruments collected PBPCs efficiently. However, Amicus has the advantage of lower PLT contamination in the product, and less decrease in PB platelet count with lower product volume in autologous setting...
- Investigation of anti-Toxoplasma gondii antibodies in patients with neoplasia
Department of Parasitology, Erciyes University Medical Faculty, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 53:1183-6. 2004
..5 %) patients and in one (0.9 %) control. A high percentage of positivity for Toxoplasma antibodies in patients with neoplasia was detected. Therefore, parasitological surveys of this patient group should be periodically performed...
- The effects of fresh frozen plasma on cholinesterase levels and outcomes in patients with organophosphate poisoning
Department of Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University Medical School, 38039, Kayseri, Turkey
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:617-23. 2004
..The aim of this study is to determine the effects of fresh frozen plasma, as a source of cholinesterase, on butyrylcholinesterase (BuChE; plasma or pseudo cholinesterase) levels and outcomes in patients with organophosphate poisoning...
- Coexistence of Essential Thrombocythemia, Iron-Refractory Iron Deficiency Anemia and Renal Cell Carcinoma
Department of Hematology, zmir Bozyaka Education and Research Hospital, Turkey
Hematol Rep 8:6235. 2016
..This patient has been therefore diagnosed with ET. The patient who was expected to display RCC with polycythemia, conversely present with IRIDA. ..
- Does the preference of peripheral versus central venous access in peripheral blood stem cell collection/yield change stem cell kinetics in autologous stem cell transplantation?
Mehmet Hilmi Dogu
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey Electronic address
Transfus Apher Sci 54:76-9. 2016
..005). Total volume of the product was significantly lower in central venous access group (p = 0.046). As being a less invasive procedure, peripheral venous access can be used for stem cell yield in eligible selected patients...
- Laparoscopic versus open splenectomy in the management of benign and malign hematologic diseases: a ten-year single-center experience
Department of General Surgery, Erciyes University School of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 15:135-9. 2005
..The aim of this study was to compare two cohorts of patients with similar characteristics, who underwent LS and OS in a single university teaching center...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome associated with malignant mesothelioma presenting with superior vena cava thrombosis: a case report
Erciyes University Medical Faculty, Department of Hematology and Oncology, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 10:393-6. 2004
..According to the clinical findings, and laboratory and pathologic examination, the patient was found to have disseminated venous thrombosis and antiphospholipid syndrome, which is treatment-resistant autoimmune paraneoplastic syndrome...
- Higher optical density of an antigen assay predicts thrombosis in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
Eur J Haematol 80:429-35. 2008
..To correlate optical density and percent inhibition of a two-step heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) antigen assay with thrombosis; the assay utilizes reaction inhibition characteristics of a high heparin concentration...
- Blood bank issues associated with red cell exchanges in sickle cell disease
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Clin Apher 21:271-3. 2006
..This requires a concerted effort between the apheresis unit, the local blood bank, and the central blood supplier...
- Presurgical plasma exchange is ineffective in correcting amyloid associated factor X deficiency
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 75390 9073, USA
J Clin Apher 19:208-10. 2004
..5 volume PE with fresh frozen plasma (FFP), his post-exchange FX was only 5%, indicating rapid adsorption of FX to amyloid fibrils. He was managed successfully with FEIBA during surgery...
- Prognostic role of serum vascular endothelial growth factor, basic fibroblast growth factor and nitric oxide in patients with colorectal carcinoma
Department of Medical Oncology, Ibni Sina Hospital, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Cytokine 20:184-90. 2002
..032, Cox regression analysis). In conclusion, serum VEGF and NO levels have prognostic role in patients with CRC and the new angiogenesis index using the serum levels of the factors seem to be useful...