- Changes in primary care provision in Turkey: A comparison of 1993 and 2012
Marmara University School of Medicine, Family Medicine Department, Istanbul, Turkey Electronic address
Health Policy . 2016
..Overall, the services provided by PCDs seem to be expanded. However, the quality of care given by FDs and its effects on health indicators are needed to be explored by further studies...
- Using theatre in education in a traditional lecture oriented medical curriculum
Pemra C Unalan
Dept of Family Medicine, Marmara University Medical Faculty, Tibbiye Cad, Haydarpasa, 34716 Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Med Educ 9:73. 2009
..Lectures supported by theatrical performance may enhance learning and be an attractive alternative to traditional lectures. This study describes our experience with using theatre in education for medical students since 2001...
- "I should live and finish it": a qualitative inquiry into Turkish women's menopause experience
Serap Y Cifcili
Marmara Medical School, Family Medicine Department, Tophanelioglu C, No 15 17 34662 Altunizade, Istanbul, Turkey
BMC Fam Pract 10:2. 2009
..Our objective is to explore the perceptions of Turkish women regarding menopause and Hormone Therapy (HT) to provide health care workers with an insight into the needs and expectations of postmenopausal women...
- The influence of prenatal counselling on postpartum contraceptive choice
Department of Family Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Int Med Res 38:1243-9. 2010
..It is, therefore, concluded that prenatal counselling was not superior to educational leaflets for increasing the use of effective and modern postpartum contraception...
- Eating patterns of Turkish adolescents: a cross-sectional survey
Department of Family Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine, Tophanelioğlu Caddesi No 13 15 34662 Altunizade Istanbul, Turkey
Nutr J 9:67. 2010
..The aim of this study was to determine the eating patterns of adolescents' and their compliance with the Food Guide Pyramid...
- Nasopharyngeal carriage of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in healthy children
Department of Family Medicine, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:370-8. 2007
..9%, while PNSSP exhibited a resistance rate of 38.6%. In conclusion, S. pneumoniae carriage rates determined in healthy children were high and PNSSP strains also showed increased resistance to other antimicrobials...
- A course, 'The Human in Medicine', as an example of a preclinical medical humanities program: a summary of 7 years
Mehmet Ali Gülpinar
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Education, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Med Teach 31:e469-76. 2009
..This article is based on the experience with 'The Human in Medicine' (HIM) courses that had been a part of the preclinical program of the Marmara Medical School...
- Providers' knowledge of, attitude to and practice of emergency contraception
Department of Family Medicine, The University of Marmara, School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 10:43-50. 2005
..This study was initiated to evaluate the knowledge, attitudes and prejudices of family-planning (FP) providers...