- An outbreak of botulism in a family in Eastern Anatolia associated with eating süzme yoghurt buried under soil
Department of Infectious Diseases, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 39:108-14. 2007
..The present study shows the importance of considering a diagnosis of botulism soon after patients present with acute cranial nerve dysfunction and of promptly treating suspected cases with antitoxin...
- A brucellosis case presenting with mass formation suggestive for tumor in soft tissue
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
South Med J 100:1137-9. 2007
..Brucella melitensis was yielded from culture of mass fluid. The patient responded to ceftriaxone, rifampin and doxycycline therapy and recovered without any sequela at the end of surgery and 3 months of medical treatment...
- Brucellosis in pregnancy: a 6-year clinical analysis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yuzuncu Yil University School of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:201-6. 2010
..To review our experience with brucellosis in pregnancy and to characterize the risk factors, clinical presentations, the rates of possible perinatal complications, and the effect of hospitalization on pregnancy outcomes...
- Use of the Brucella IgM and IgG flow assays in the serodiagnosis of human brucellosis in an area endemic for brucellosis
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Am J Trop Med Hyg 70:688-94. 2004
..The agreement was 92%. Application of the flow assays on serum samples collected during a village survey for brucellosis after an outbreak demonstrated their diagnostic potential as field tests...
- A familial outbreak of fascioliasis in Eastern Anatolia: a report with review of literature
Mustafa Kasim Karahocagil
Department of Infectious Diseases, Yuzuncu Yil University Medical Faculty, Van, Turkey
Acta Trop 118:177-83. 2011
..To present the results of a cross-sectional epidemiological analysis of a familial outbreak of fascioliasis in Eastern Anatolia and to discuss the clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic properties of the patients...
- Toxic-febrile neurobrucellosis, clinical findings and outcome of treatment of four cases based on our experience
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 39:990-5. 2007
..In conclusion, despite the rapid course and serious complications, outcome from febrile-toxic neurobrucellosis is excellent especially when effective antimicrobial therapy is started early in the course of illness...
- Chronic hepatitis delta virus infection in Van region of eastern Turkey
M Kursad Turkdogan
Department of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, 65200 Van, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 16:17-20. 2005
..We aimed to research the role of hepatitis delta virus infection in chronic liver diseases related to hepatitis B virus infection in the Van region of Eastern Turkey...
- The effect of levamisole combined with the classical treatment in chronic brucellosis
Department of Infectious Diseases, Yuzuncu Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 201:221-8. 2003
- Avian influenza A (H5N1) infection in eastern Turkey in 2006
Ahmet Faik Oner
Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
N Engl J Med 355:2179-85. 2006
..An outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza A (H5N1) that had previously been detected throughout Asia, with major economic and health repercussions, extended to eastern Turkey in late December 2005 and early January 2006...
- Apparent vaccine-thimerosal induced hypersensitivity, myelodysplastic syndrome and pancytopenia
Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Hakkari State Hospital, Hakkari, Turkey
J Infect Dev Ctries 1:348-9. 2007
..A case of hypersensitivity reaction, myelodysplastic syndrome and pancytopenia, which developed after an administration of thimerosal-containing tetanus vaccine, is presented and discussed...
- The treatment duration of acute maxillary sinusitis: how long should it be? A nasal smear controlled study
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Yuzuncu Yil University, School of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Rhinology 40:198-202. 2002
..However, there were no statistical differences among groups 2, 3 and 4. These findings show that the most appropriate duration of treatment in acute maxillary sinusitis should be at least 14 days according to nasal smear results...
- Bone marrow biopsy findings in brucellosis patients with hematologic abnormalities
Department of Hematology Faculty of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Chin Med J (Engl) 125:1871-6. 2012
..In this study, we aimed to examine bone marrow biopsy findings in brucellosis cases presenting with hematologic abnormalities...
- Renal involvement in Brucella infection
Department of Urology, Yuzuncu Yil University Medical Faculty, Van, Turkey
Urology 73:1179-83. 2009
..To examine our patients with brucellosis and renal involvement. Although brucellae have been recovered from the urine of patients with brucellosis, renal involvement is uncommon...
- Comparison of intramuscular and intradermal applications of hepatitis B vaccine in hemodialysis patients
M Kasim Karahocagil
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Yuzuncu Yil University, Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Ren Fail 28:561-5. 2006
..Especially for hemodialysis patients, the time has come for routine application of ID hepatitis B vaccine as an alternative vaccination method...
- Seroprevalence of human fascioliasis in Van province, Turkey
Zeynep Tas Cengiz
Department of Parasitology, Yuzuncu Yil University Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 26:259-62. 2015
..The aim of this study was to determine the seroprevalence of fascioliasis in Van province by ELISA (antibody detection) on the assumption that not all cases could be detected by stool examination alone...
- [Case report: two Plasmodium vivax malaria cases in the Van Province]
Mustafa Kasim Karahocagil
Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi, Enfeksiyon Hastaliklari ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Van, Turkiye, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 33:172-3. 2009
..Vivax malaria are presented, because they were two brothers with no history of travel outside of Van city...
- The Syndrome of Inappropriate Secretion of AntiDiuretic Hormone in Patients With Brucellosis
Ahmet Cumhur Dulger
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical Faculty, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
J Clin Lab Anal 29:366-9. 2015
..However, the relationship between infectious disease and SIADH is not yet fully known. In this prospective study, we aimed to assess the presence of SIADH in patients with brucellosis...
- Cutaneous manifestations of anthrax in Eastern Anatolia: a review of 39 cases
Department of Infectious Diseases, Yuzuncu Yil University School of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Acta Med Okayama 57:235-40. 2003
..of the skin lesion of cutaneous anthrax may vary, and this fact, combined with the rarity of this disease, which contributes to a general lack of experience among medical personnel, may make diagnosis difficult in nonagricultural settings..
- [A case of brucellosis presenting as high titer negative result by standard tube agglutination test]
T C Sağlik Bakanliği, Temel Sağlik Hizmetleri Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara
Mikrobiyol Bul 41:151-4. 2007