- Do antipsychotic drugs influence suicidal behavior in schizophrenia?
Eduardo J Aguilar
Clinical University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:128-42. 2007
..Although clozapine has not yet demonstrated a specific preventing effect on completed suicide in patients with schizophrenia, it should be considered when suicide risk is detected in a patient with schizophrenia...
- Abnormal synchrony and effective connectivity in patients with schizophrenia and auditory hallucinations
Maria de la Iglesia-Vayá
Centre of Excellence in Biomedical Image CEIB, Regional Ministry of Health in the Valencia Region CS, C Micer Masco nÂº 31 33, Valencia 46010, Spain Brain Connectivity Lab, Prince Felipe Research Centre CIPF, C Eduardo Primo YÃºfera CientÃfic, nÂº 3, Valencia 46012, Spain Centro de InvestigaciÃ³n BiomÃ©dica en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, ISC III Avda Blasco IbÃ¡Ã±ez 15, Valencia 46010, Spain GIBI230 Grupo de InvestigaciÃ³n BiomÃ©dica en Imagen, CIBER BBN, Instituto de InvestigaciÃ³n Sanitaria IIS, Spain
Neuroimage Clin 6:171-9. 2014
..Additionally, a central role is suggested for the cerebellum in processing emotional stimuli in patients with persistent AH...
- MR and genetics in schizophrenia: focus on auditory hallucinations
Eduardo Jesus Aguilar
Psychiatric Service, Clinic University Hospital, Avda Blasco Ibanez 17, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Eur J Radiol 67:434-9. 2008
..Finally, we summarized our main findings from our studies of the molecular genetics of auditory hallucinations. Taking these data together, an integrative model to explain the neurobiological basis of this psychotic symptom is presented...
- Left orbitofrontal and superior temporal gyrus structural changes associated to suicidal behavior in patients with schizophrenia
E J Aguilar
Psychiatric Unit, Clinic University Hospital, Avda Blasco Ibanez, 17, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1673-6. 2008
..Neuroimaging studies are necessary to expand our knowledge of biological mechanisms underlying suicide in schizophrenia...
- Increased amygdala and parahippocampal gyrus activation in schizophrenic patients with auditory hallucinations: an fMRI study using independent component analysis
María Jose Escartí
Psychiatric Unit, Clinic Hospital, Avda Blasco Ibanez, 17, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Schizophr Res 117:31-41. 2010
..It was hypothesized that functional connectivity differences in limbic regions responsible for emotional processing would be demonstrated...
- Subjective perception of cognitive deficit in psychotic patients
University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:58-60. 2006
..Psychotic patients maintain insight as to their cognitive deficits, but they fail to conserve an awareness of their perception of social functioning...
- Multimodal morphometry and functional magnetic resonance imaging in schizophrenia and auditory hallucinations
Gracián García Martí, Eduardo Jesús Aguilar, M José Escartí, Julio Sanjuán, CIBERSAM, University of Valencia, Avenue Blasco Ibañez 15, 46010 Valencia, Spain
World J Radiol 4:159-66. 2012
..To validate a multimodal [structural and functional magnetic resonance (MR)] approach as coincidence brain clusters are hypothesized to correlate with clinical severity of auditory hallucinations...
- FOXP2 polymorphisms in patients with schizophrenia
Unidad de Psiquiatria, Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Clinico, Universitat de Valencia, Blasco Ibaez 15, 46010 Valencia, Spain
Schizophr Res 73:253-6. 2005
..FOXP2 was described as the first gene involved in our ability to acquire spoken language. The main objective of this study was to compare the distribution of FOXP2 gene polymorphisms between patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls...