- The vitamin D receptor gene BsmI polymorphism is not associated with anthropometric and biochemical parameters describing metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Isotope Treatment, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 24:514-8. 2008
..The present study aimed to investigate the prevalence of the VDR BsmI polymorphism and its association with anthropometric and biochemical features of metabolic syndrome in postmenopausal women...
- Endocannabinoid type 1 receptor gene (CNR1) polymorphisms (rs806381, rs10485170, rs6454674, rs2023239) and cardiovascular risk factors in postmenopausal women
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 27:1023-7. 2011
..g. fat distribution, obesity, fasting glucose, lipid profile, blood pressure, and free androgen and estrogen indexes) in postmenopausal women...
- Association of serum glypican-4 levels with cardiovascular risk predictors in women with polycystic ovary syndrome - a pilot study
a Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Isotope Therapy, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 32:223-6. 2016
..Thus, higher levels of Gpc4 released from visceral adipose tissue in women with PCOS may suggest an increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Irisin plasma concentration in PCOS and healthy subjects is related to body fat content and android fat distribution
a Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Isotope Therapy, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 31:907-11. 2015
..Understanding the role of Ir in increased energy expenditure may lead to the development of new therapeutics for obesity and obesity-related diseases. ..
- The Frequencies of Haplotypes of FTO Gene Variants and Their Association with the Distribution of Body Fat in Non-Obese Poles
Department and Clinic of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Isotope Therapy, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland
Adv Clin Exp Med 25:33-42. 2016
- Validation of the minisequencing method for detection of G1691A (Leiden) factor V mutation
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:319-22. 2013
..Our study presents a novel, rapid method for the detection of FV (R506Q) mutation using minisequencing approach...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms in Alzheimer's disease patients
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland Electronic address
Exp Gerontol 69:142-7. 2015
..The aim of this study was to determine whether polymorphisms of the VDR gene may increase the risk of Alzheimer disease (AD) development in Lower Silesian patients in comparison with other populations...
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in women with polycystic ovary syndrome - clinical and metabolic aspects and lipoprotein lipase gene polymorphism
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology and Isotope Therapy, Wrocław Medical University, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 65:416-21. 2014
..The aim was to assess associations among PCOS and NAFLD, the lipoprotein lipase polymorphism gene, and metabolic disorders in PCOS...
- Effects of second-generation antipsychotics on selected markers of one-carbon metabolism and metabolic syndrome components in first-episode schizophrenia patients
Department of Psychiatry, Wroclaw Medical University, 10 Pasteur Street, 50 367, Wroclaw, Poland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 70:1433-41. 2014
..However, there is a scarcity of studies addressing the effects of antipsychotics on selected OCM markers in schizophrenia and provided results are inconsistent...
- The relationship between selected VDR, HFE and ALAD gene polymorphisms and several basic toxicological parameters among persons occupationally exposed to lead
Department of Internal Medicine, Occupational Diseases and Hypertension, Wroclaw Medical University, Borowska 213, PL 50 556 Wrocław, Poland
Toxicology 334:12-21. 2015
..The carriage of the C allel in the locus rs1139488 of the ALAD gene might determine higher Pb-B levels and the heterozigosity of the locus rs1139488 of the ALAD gene might result in higher ZnPP levels...